Living in a room with excessively high humidity is not only uncomfortable but also unhealthy. One of the key ways to improve the quality of your indoor air when the humidity is too high is to use a dehumidifier. Taking steps to reduce the humidity will also get rid of bad odor caused by dampness, and prevent the growth of mold and the presence of allergens in your home. But there are cases when you might not be able to purchase a large full-house unit. This may be because you only need to dehumidify a single room or you simply are on a budget. Fortunately, you can get good quality units that don’t cost you an arm and a leg. In this article, we review a few considerations for the best dehumidifier under $100. Everything you need to consider such as coverage, size, and other reputable features is available to help you determined the right unit.
Top 5 Best Dehumidifier Under $100 Reviews
1. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
This small and compact dehumidifier is perfect for room spaces of up to 220square feet and can remove up to 18oz of water per day. This is an efficient unit with an inbuilt thermo-electric cooling system. This ensures ultra-quiet operation without consuming too much power. The silent operations also make it perfect in places where you don’t want a lot of noise like offices, and bedrooms. This unit features an auto-shutoff feature. This shuts off the unit automatically when the tank is filled up. There is also an LED indicator that notifies you that the tank needs to be emptied.
2. Afloia Dehumidifier for Home
With a 68oz water tank capacity, it’ll definitely take a few days before this dehumidifier needs draining. This is a high-efficiency unit that can get rid of up 26oz of water per day. It is convenient and easy to use. The Afloia Dehumidifier has an energy-saving design that ensures that the unit does not waste electricity. Instead of a compressor that tends to make large noises, thus unit uses the advanced Peltier technology which is a lot less noisy. It is compact and lightweight which makes it easy to carry with you and useful for multi-room applications.
3. LONOVE Dehumidifier: Under $100
This is a powerful dehumidifier that operates a lot more efficiently than many of the other units in its price range. It is ideal for spaces of up to 400 Sq.ft which is great for a portable unit. Another feature that makes this dehumidifier stand out is its smart features. You can set your desired humidity level with this unit. It also has two operation modes. There is a day mode and there is the night mode. In the day mode, the unit’s dehumidification effect is a lot higher than in the night mode. The night mode offers the advantage of a quiet operation although the dehumidification effect will be less. It is perfect for use in basements, bedrooms, office spaces, and so on with a large removable tank that does not need to be emptied often.
4. ALROCKET Small Room Dehumidifier
The ALROCKET Dehumidifier is a portable but high-efficiency unit suitable for small spaces of up to 260 Sq.ft. This is a powerful humidifier with an energy-saving design. This unit can run all day without running your energy bills too high. On a full day use, you only use 0.96kW of electricity. This unit also has an auto shut-off feature which turns the dehumidifier off when the tank is filled up to prevent overflow. The water tank is also transparent so you can see for yourself when the tank is filled up. This dehumidifier has a simple one-touch design which makes it quite easy to use and operate.
5. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
The compact and portable Pro Breeze humidifier is ideal for rooms with a size of about 150 Sq.ft and can get rid of up to 9 ounces of water per day. The unit is suitable for rooms in small spaces like a wardrobe, small kitchen, garage, and so on. It has a lightweight design which makes it easy to transfer the unit from one room to the other. This is an energy-efficient unit thanks to advanced Peltier technology. This also ensures ultra-quiet operation. Whisper quiet operations make this unit perfect for those that are easily disturbed by a loud noise.
The Best Dehumidifier Under $100 – Factors to Consider
Although, we’ve reviewed our top 5 best dehumidifier under $100 but it is still needful that you know which exactly unit falls into your room size, features and budget. This things are explained below:
1. Daily Moisture Output
The daily moisture output of a dehumidifier refers to the quantity of water that a dehumidifier unit can remove from the air in a day. This is one of the most important criteria to look out for in any unit as this determines how efficient the unit will be and how fast it can dehumidify any space. Typically, the daily moisture output of the dehumidifier will be clearly specified by the manufacturer. We recommend going for a unit with a high moisture output so you can get the best from your humidifier.
2. Coverage capacity
The size of your humidifier usually determines how much space it can cover. This is why most portable dehumidifiers are only ideal for small spaces. But even these vary from one portable unit to the other. Before you set out to shop for a dehumidifier, we recommend that you get an idea of the size of the space you intend to dehumidify. In many cases, the manufacturer will indicate the ideal size coverage of any humidifier you intend to purchase. You can then compare this figure to the size of your room. However, there are some important factors to keep in mind as far as coverage capacity is concerned. For instance, two spaces with similar sizes but a different level of dampness may require dehumidifiers of different capacities. Also, rooms with higher ceilings typically contain more air and will, therefore, require different dehumidifier capacity than a room with a lower ceiling.
Since most humidifiers offer similar levels of functionality with only slight differences in their design, you can look out for some extra features that will make a unit stand out from the others. While the best dehumidifier under $100 may not offer much in terms of extra-features because of the price, here are some of the features you can look out for:
- User-friendly controls: some dehumidifiers come with user-friendly digital controls that allow you to set the specific humidity level you desire and customize the unit according to your need.
- Auto-shutoff feature: since portable dehumidifiers tend to have a small tank, a unit that shuts off automatically when the tank fills up is ideal to prevent water overflow
- Easy draining: you want a unit that makes it easy to drain-off accumulated moisture. For most portable units the tank is removable and you can easily empty it. However, some units also come with a hose connector that allows you to drain the moisture directly to external drainage.
- Timer: this is another feature you don’t see on most low-budget dehumidifiers but one that would make life a lot easier if you did find it. A timer helps to save energy by controlling when the unit turns on or goes off depending on your habits.
- Humidistat: some dehumidifiers have a built-in humidistat that allows you to measure the moisture level of the air and adjust the unit to your preferences.
4. Unit size: The size of the dehumidifier determines a lot of things including the tank capacity and room coverage. A unit with a low tank capacity will need to be emptied often which may not be very convenient. But portability also means you don’t have to sacrifice a lot of space for the unit and you will be able to transfer the humidifier from one room to the other quite easily if you need to.
5. Warranty: how good is the warranty and return policy on the dehumidifier you intend to purchase? This is a major consideration as this will determine how easy it will be to return the unit if it develops a fault.
Getting a good quality dehumidifier can help you maintain a comfortable indoor environment that is safe and promotes your wellness. Fortunately, you don’t have to break the bank to get a quality unit. You can purchase the best dehumidifiers under $100 on this list if you only need to humidifier a small space like your bedroom, kitchen, office space, or garage. The Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier is our top pick from this list of reviewed products. If you want something even cheaper yet functional, then we recommend the ALROCKET Portable Dehumidifier.