Being a woman is not an easy task as beauty matter a lot and looking good at all times is the desire of every woman. Women face lots of challenges concerning their body upkeep, among them are the hairs that grow every second on the body most especially the ones appearing on the face and legs visible for everyone. Some women don’t like the idea, as such they embark on waxing or plucking that is time-consuming but today, we’ve uncovered our best epilator reviews for sensitive skin as one of the fasted and safer devices to remove permanently body hair.
Remember, waxing can be messy, and if you want to try a shaving method that’s another time-wasting procedure where the best epilator can eliminate hair from large areas per session under 5 minutes.
Unfortunately, many of the epilating systems come from different brands with various features and prices that make it tougher to pin-point the right choice from the other.
If you’re new to this device then it would be an ultimate and inconclusive search because you may not know how to weed out the substandard products. This we’ve dealt with, firstly on the comparison table which you can start your journey by comparing them.
7 Best Epilator Reviews for Face, Legs & Skin
3. Braun Epilator Electric Hair Removal for Women
After a close look at tons of epilators in our scope of the study, the Braun came on the top position. This was justified based on its features and user reviews we analyzed. This electric-powered full body hair reducer is designed for women specifically, as such won’t be a good offer for men. The epilating device works on both dry and wet skin and thus removes plenty of hair in one application than most of Braun’s epilators. It was tested and proven to remove shorter hair 4x (times) compared to waxing, so if you think of getting those stubborn ingrown hair faster Braun is a product that shouldn’t be overlooked.
Most relevantly, this tool allows you to shave and trim bushy armpit, exfoliates your skin using the exfoliating brush that comes with it. Also, you can massage yourself with the deep massage head and also works smoothly on contour areas including your legs and around your mammalian gland to remove unwanted hair. This is also a nice epilator for women who want their bikini section and other sensitive parts to be rid of discomforting hair. The cordless design is one of the unique things that allows you, use it during bath or shower. This features a long-lasting battery up to 40minutes of use and takes only an hour to charge. Furthermore featured 3000 micro-vibration per minute.
2. Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver
This second epilation machine in this discussion is a multi-functional unit that guarantees complete hair spa results. It works as a razor and at the same time an epilator. Besides, it comes with six snap-on hair remover and also buffers attachments for an at-home pedicure or foot care demand. This product features a shaving head featuring foil and hypoallergenic blades that’s is safe to use on sensitive skin. More so, the pop-up trimmer is designed to traps stray and long hair and trim or shape hair and this can be applied to the bikini area. Like the previous system, Panasonic is wet and dry hair removal.
Whether for off the shower or at bath time use, the epilator shaver is ever ready to reduce hair efficiently. This has inbuilt led light for visibility in the dark and a travel pouch alongside. The beautify aspect, it is cordless, no wire cluttering or tangling when on use. This appliance should be powered via an AC source of 110 -240voltage. Compared to Braun reviewed above, they both have the same charging time, consequently, this Panasonic epilator only lasts for 30 minutes of operation. As for the price aspect, this comes cheap to the item of being compared with.
3. Best Braun Face 851 Women’s Miniature Epilator
This 2-in-1 device offers two treatment options and this achieved by switching the attachment to the one needed. Thus serves as facial epilator or use as a facial cleanser. The epilation mode lets you root out facial hair at ease with proven results. Apart from hair removing, clean facial mode deeply cleanses your skin pores with the aid of facial brush attachment. Undergoing both treatments keeps your complexion more fresh, clear, visible and smooth which manual methods can’t afford. Most noteworthy, the clean brush is 6x powerful to manual hand. This can sweep away your make-up and, also impurities thereby restoring your natural glowing looking skin.
It also can absorb sticky serum or creams. Braun design is not only elegant but highly practical because it is built to blend into your lifestyle without interruption. It also comes with a discrete protective cap, so you can take your epilator where ever you go, unlike bulky products. The complimentary side of owing of this Braun Face 851, it is 100 percent water-resistant, making it safe for facial care while showering. Nevertheless, for best practices and skin treatment results, ensure to replace the brush once in 3 months.
3. Emjoi 36 Gold Plated Hypoallergenic Tweezers Soft Caress Epilator
If you’re looking for an epilation system specially designed for legs, bikini or underarms removal hair, Emjoi is excellent when it comes to these areas mentioned. The small and portable product removes hair from the root discretely, thanks to the 36 patented tweezers discs installed on it. Additionally, the machines combine its 24 karat gold plated tweezers for quick and comfortable hair removal. Using this for a period of 6weeks guarantees clean and smooth skin free of ingrown hair just like laser hair removal. It even gets rids of shorter hair as tiny as 0.5mm while the antimicrobial effect protects you from bacteria damages.
Emjoi epilator comes with massaging finger attachments and top of it can be used to remove hair from the user’s upper lip and chin. Handling this device is quite fascinating as it offers soft grips touch for comfortable holding. The Patented pain reduction technology is another anesthetic that places this product ahead of the competition. Thus greatly reduces the discomfort that’s common among rival units.
5. Philips Satinelle Advanced Cordless Wet & Dry Epilator
The random selection of the various epilation devices discussed in this article includes the Philips Satinelle Advanced system. This epilator has the ultimate power for removing hair right from the follicle without pain. It is designed for whole-body hairy reduction such as your face, legs, bikini line, underarms, etc. and also okay for sensitive skin. This device certainly yields a difference within 2 weeks of putting Philips epilator to practice. The ceramic tweezing disks found in the women’s epilator spins quickly to uproot hair from its roots and yet gentle on the skin, no hurt or discomfort compared to rivals units.
Moving further, it featured a wider head that grasps plenty of body hair on the first application for faster hair removal without dragging your skin. This also comes with a rechargeable lithium battery that lasts up to forty minutes and takes less than an hour to recharge. Additionally, it is not just for an epilation purpose but also works as a shaver which means you’re getting a 2-in-1 device at price under $100. The BRE635 can be applied on wet or dry skin and comes with various interchangeable attachments to help you customize hair removal needs.
6. Panasonic Cordless Shaver & Epilator With 5 Attachments
Though epilator systems are not an expensive piece of beauty tools different products come with their price tag. One of the items we spotted and thoughtful to be affordable is this Panasonic cordless device. It is about a few dollars lesser compared to the very first Panasonic products reviewed earlier. But that doesn’t mean you’ll won’t get the power required when it comes to hair reduction. The dry/wet skin mode is nice for women’s legs, face, under-arm, and bikini. It comes with 5 snap hair removal attachments such as sensitive skinhead cap, gentle epilator cap, bikini comb and shaving head featuring a pop-up trimmer. It also includes a fast hair removal tip that’s is about 1.25 inches, a disc head, and tweezers that remove hair as short as 0.5 millimeters.
Interestingly, the epilator head can be pivot at 90 degrees for you to weed out hair from difficult to reach areas and also contour body surface. This epilation shaving tool is a waterproof system that lets you removes hair while bathing or showering. For smoother and gentler epilation, rub on bath gel to the head of the epilator to cause and soothing foam. The beauty tool also featured easy to use and control handle, cleaning brush and travel pouch.
Important Epilator Attachment Required For Full Body Hair Removal
- Large Epilation Head: 60 and Double Discs tweezers for undelay removing of hair for soft and smooth skin.
- Gentle Cap for starters: un-roughly dismiss hair with less force for gentler epilation.
- Bikini Comb: Use before epilating long hair or to trim bikini area
- Shaver Head with Slide-up Trimmer: This is use to shaves hair over large areas while Trimmer removes stray hairs or trims long hairs short.
What Is An Epilator
This is a device powered by electrical energy and designed for the removal of hair from the body mechanically. It can grab several strands of hair at once pulling them out simultaneously. The mechanism in which an epilation system pull hair from the body is similar to that of waxing technique but epilators don’t remove cells present in the epithelium of your skin. This device doesn’t possess any replaceable parts, as such, they’re more durable and cost-effective.
However, epilators can exist in corded designs that require you plugging to an electrical outlet or cordless which are also known as the battery (rechargeable) models. While the corded models can’t be used during showering (bath) due to electricity they’re being a plugin to avoid shock, the rechargeable ones, however, can be used as wet or dry as a result of their waterproof design. The device also comes with several attachments such as of the head of different sizes to meet various areas application, and possibly exfoliation tip to remove the skin before or after epilation.
Consequently, the epilation process can be hurtful to some as it involves pulling hair from the epidermis just as seen in waxing. As a result of the pain associated with the first application, most people love to wax the area professionally before undergoing epilation to get rid of regrowth. The good news, Dry and Wet epilators system are relatively painless because removing hair from wet skin is less painful. Nevertheless, if you can’t endure pain, endeavor to use numbing creams in advance to the removal of hair, this will drastically reduce the pain. More so, if the model of epilators is built with speed regulator, it makes sense to lower the speed to convenient settings which will also help reduce the pain that may arise.
Different Types of Epilators on the Market
- Spring Epilators: This was the first breeds of epilators invented by Mepro in the year 1986 in Kibbutz Hagoshrim. The design consists of strings and a motor that rotates the strings in the epilator. Therefore moving the epilator across your skin surface as it the spring rotates makes hair to be caught up by the springs thereby pulling hair through the root cavity. Consequently, due to the continuous flexing of the springs, these models became a subject of concern among users because of occasional failures. Though the springs were sold separately as a means of compensating for the bad ones.
- Rotating Discs Epilators: This works similarly like the spring type but uses a series of metal discs instead of springs. Lady Remington and Silky were the people who manufactured this model but it was banned in Europe due to some reasons which we can’t justify.
- Tweezer Epilators: This has a more modern design disc. The head of a tweezer epilator combines several metal plates place inside a plastic case. The extreme of the plates can either be opened at one end or on both sides of the case. Nevertheless, as the plates rotate, the plate’s tips move at the same time and separately per rotation. This, therefore, produce a tweezing outcome in which the hair in-between the plates when closed is uprooted as the plates move across your epidermis.
- Wet Epilators: An example of this is the Bruan Silk seen earlier in the review section. Wet epilators are powered by a rechargeable battery and can be used for wet or dry treatment. That allows for use right inside the shower or outside. Gel creams can be used with wet epilators to lessen pain or skin irritation during the process.
How to Use an Epilating Hair Removal Device
Like waxing, the epilating system works, in the same manner, to pull hair from the follicle. Though works similar to waxing but its working mechanism don’t include wax rather plucks hair from your body by moving the device across your skin.
Most relevantly, exfoliating your skin before epilator therapy provides the best results as concluded by researchers, exfoliation treatments remove dead cells from the skin and also for the prevention of hairs ingrown.
When the above processes have been taking care of, then starting your epilation therapy is no big deal.
- Simply place the epilator on your skin at an angle of 90o positioning.
- Do not press the epilator hardly against your skin, instead handle it in a loose manner against your epidermis.Turn it on then move the epilator slowly across your skin where you want hair to be plucked.
Make sure you move the device in the direction of the hair because if you move towards the opposite direction of hair growth, the hair will be pluck at the surface leaving the root which may cause regrowth.
Pros of Using This Device
- It guarantees smoother skin.
- Epilation results is better to shaving, tweezing or depilatory creams method of hair removal.
- Epilation is a nice approach if you want to get rid of shorter hair where waxing failed to provides effectiveness.
Even though epilating is not as effective as laser hair removal, it is still better than the wax method and also, over time reduces the amount of hair that regrows – furthermore, hair that regrows won’t be as thick compared to the original but lighter and softer unnoticeable to others.
Cons of Epilation
The major drawback of epilation is pain and discomfort. If you can’t bear it, the outcome will amaze you. But experts advised using numb creams before and after hair removal session.
Is There Risk Involves Using This Device?
Removing unwanted hair with the aid of an epilator machine is quite safe. Though it can be painful and uncomfortable for beginners.
Recall, moving the device too fast in the wrong direction of hair-growth thus leads to cutting of the hair at the skin level whereas it supposed to pull out completely. Consequently, if these happen may lead to ingrown in some persons or infection attack.
Buying The Best Epilator Features to Consider
Your choice depends on a variety of features and most importantly budget even if skin tone or hair color don’t matter just like in the case of laser removals, still some vitals things need to be checked.
- Power: The number of tweezers available in a particular unit is a determinant factor of how powerful that epilator is. Because this feature is responsible for hair removal as such, a relative number of tweezers means a lot if you want the best outcome in a short period.
- Cap Head: Don’t omit this, your proposed device must have it if you’re looking forward to facial hair reduction otherwise you may not need it because the unit with featuring cap is quite expensive. The function of the cap is to minimize sensational pain during epilation so it would do you better than harm. Take a look at this wonderful product designed with a cap as a recommendation.
- Which is the best type of epilator: If you took time on this section were we discussed the various types of epilators available on the market, you would’ve known the types. Nevertheless, wet and dry epilating machines are the primary categories seen among users. Never forget, an epilator can exist in a 2-in-1 device i.e. dry/ wet or simply dry mode. Dry epilators are only applied on dry skin while the wet and dry is for both dry or under shower application. This form favors first-timers as they’re less painful compared to dry epilators. Subsequently, before you use the wet and dry epilator, ensure to massage yourself with lukewarm water. This practice opens your skin pores for a reduced pain sensation.
- Cord or cordless design: The major difference, corded systems required connection to an electric socket which limits users’ movement and also they exist only as dry epilators. On the other hand, cordless models leverage you to go about while using them. Most relevantly, they can be used as you bath or off the shower and they’re powered by a rechargeable battery.
- Inbuilt LED light: Why this is so vital that’s because short hair can grow in a certain area of the body. As such an appliance featuring a built-in light option would help you clear hairs found in these anonymous areas.
- Is the head Washable: You’ll either find products with washable head or units that required cleaning with the aid of a brush. Which however one you think is cool chose accordingly as this is not a weighty aspect for picking the best epilator.
- Extra attachments: All things being equal, no argument, all epilators come with a single tweezer head. But there’re are other attachments head that let you convert your device to meet different hair removal needs. These include shaver hear or trimmer head as the case may be. It is only important to consider these features if you need would extend to using a trimmer or shaving option, otherwise not necessary as units that come with them are expensive.
Different Body Hair Removal Methods
What is waxing of hair?
In the course of this article, we made mention of the term waxing at intervals, so in this section, we’re going to know what this word means. Waxing is a procedure involving the use of wax, a sticky substance to cover body hairs to open the skin spore for easy removal of hairs. After some minutes, the sticky covering is wipe out and then you can start pulling the hairs from their roots.
You can wax almost any part of the body such as the face, eyebrows, arms, legs, feet, back, abdomen, knuckles and bikini area (known as pubic hair waxing). In the waxed area, new hair may not spring out for 2 months but in some people, in less than a week, hairs start surfacing. This happens because these sets of people’s hair are not following the normal hair growth cycle.
Types of Waxing
Stripes waxing: This involves rubbing of wax thinlyon the skin and then applying a paper strip (cloth) on the wax pressing it tightly against your skin. This removes the hair without hurting the hair. Stripe waxing is further categorized into:
- Heat waxing: Required heated wax being spread on the skin
- Cold waxing: Opposite of the heated one but thicker and difficult to spreads over ones skin due to the thickness.
- Pre-made strips: Already made stripes with wax. This exist in different sizes that allows for various areas application.
Stripless waxing: Also known as hard waxing. It does not require cloth or paper strip after the wax has been applied, unlike stripe waxing. However, applied wax becomes hardens and cools down, therefore it allows easy hair removal which is done by a therapist without making use of paper strips. This technique is suitable for those whose skin is very sensitive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can waxing stops hair growth? The theory behind this method does not stop the reproduction of new hair. Waxing lets you have finer and lighter hair but consistent treatments may weaken hair follicle over time, still it won’t hinders regrowth, as such waxing is not a permanent hair removal method.
- Is it better to shave or wax? Wax therapy goes into the follicle or roots to removes the entire hair, it also exfoliates the skin. In addition gives you more glowing and smoother skin because the process removes dead skin whereas shaving can’t.
- How long does it take for hair to regrow after waxing? It takes 4 to 6 weeks averagely. In some people less than a week due irregular hair growing cycle possessed by such people.
- Can you wax your pubic hair? Yes, it is possible but this is not advisable because it’s painful and how safe it is we cannot tell, instead shaving should be adopted.
Is hair shaving the best?
Shaving is the commonest way of hair removal to slice bushy hair down. It can be done using a traditional razor or modern device such as electric razors. Razors are much cheaper and are only recommended for use once only then disposed of. Secondly, the electric razor is an advanced hair cutting device and seems better than a razor blade, thus are more expensive and the cost of replacement is worth something!
Though shaving is cost-effective, the result is inefficient as the blades only cut hair without removing the root. This means in a few days’ time hairs start reproducing again. Sometimes, after shaving, you may end up having bumps or lumps. It may also cause ingrown, as such considered to be the most ineffective hair removal method not to think off unless you can’t afford epilator or other improved ways that proffer better results.
What is tweezing
You cannot separate tweezing from epilator, it is the same process used but epilators are is advancer. Tweezing attacks the follicle pulling the hair directly without affecting the skin. This method can be frustrating and consumes time, thus best for small areas of hair removal like your eyebrows.
The short-coming of this manual method, it is not possible to tweeze hairs in a large area at a time. The good news, with the introduction of epilators featuring the electronic tweezing techniques, an epilator can grasp plenty of hair simultaneously.
What is electrolysis
This is the only permanent hair removal method said by American Medical associate, WebMD and FDA. Before embarking on electrolysis, be sure to know if you don’t want hair to come back again because after undergoing the medical procedure, hair won’t grow back. At this time, you need to confer on a medical expert for advise.
If so be it that you’re sure, you should also be aware that electrolysis is an expensive method and several sessions need to be carried out which double up your hair removal cost. Also, the larger the area the more cost.
We don’t advise you to take this approach because we don’t know if you can cope with the trauma of not having hair shortly. Rather get a good epilator to epilate yourself at privy. This device is cost-effective and less expensive to maintain than spending hundreds of dollars on electrolysis which you may end up regretting losing your hair for life.
Which is the best epilator?
The study of the 7 best epilators and another aspect of this device was possible from different weblog resources consulted. We, therefore, thanks to them anonymously for providing rich information and graphics. We also want to appreciate our team of writers that spent countless hours researching and analyzing products ensuring the best ones where selected and reviewed, kudos to you all. To our audience or readers, without, this article will become an abandoned desert, our gratefulness extends to you. To round up this article, here is the best sensitive epilator for skin hair removal we recommend.