What is an essential oil without a diffuser? It is as bread without butter. In real sense, both can go independently. But for a reminiscent pleasant smell in your home and a soothing feel, an essential oil diffuser does the magic. Beyond the beautiful coloration that the essential oil diffusers provide, relaxation is another guarantee. This method of scenting the house using a diffuser is a safe and easy one. The essential oil diffuser disperses the oil into the atmosphere. This act is known to help ease anxiety and impact health, as a certain essential oil, when inhaled, interacts with the brain and nervous system. This interaction is bodily important for rest, sleep, reduced anxiety, and comfort.
Best Essential Oil Diffuser Comparison Table
What is Essential Oil?
Essential oil is a compound that is derived from plants’ parts such as leaves, flowers, and roots. The resulting substance captures the plant’s scent, phytochemicals, and flavor. They are referred to as the oil of plants from which they extracted.
Why are they referred to as ‘essential’? You might want to ask. Their essentiality is in the sense that it contains the ‘essence’ of the plant’s fragrance and does not express their nutritional requirement or importance to the body.
Essential oils are usually inhaled in the air in aromatherapy, hence the use of a diffuser. The importance of essential oils is innumerable.
Benefits of Essential Oil
The essentials oils are used as an alternative form of medicine called Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy provides healing using aromatic compounds of which the essential oils are. This is because it has discovered that certain essential oils have amazing health benefits.
Many a time, essential oils are used to relives pains and aches, boost mood, fight insomnia, and ease stress. They can either be ingested orally, applied on the surface of the skin, or inhaled. However, these essential oils are to be taken in the right proportion and with great caution. Not all can be ingested neither is it safe when taken out of dose.
Essential oils are used for cooking or as direct medications – being swallowed. Also, to the skin, the essential oils are applied to treat pains. But importantly, inhaling an essential oil will require the use of a diffuser. It is the safest and most popular way of using essential oil.
How to Find the Best Diffuser for Essential Oil?
Before you go to the market to explore a variety of essential oil diffuser, do your homework! Check out this guide, for what to look out for, before picking from the hundreds of essential oil diffuser available in the market.
- Area coverage: The size of the room or place where the diffuser will be used should be considered. For an open space or a large room, it is advisable to pick a diffuser with a high square area coverage. However, for small rooms, you do not need to worry much.
- Storage capacity: On the average, a diffuser capacity can hold up to 300ml of water. If you do not want to keep refilling the water very often when it works for a long time, go for oil diffusers with more capacity. At large, diffusers have about 100ml to 1litre capacity depending on brand.
- Timers: Certain essential oil diffusers are made to work at set times. You might desire to use the diffuser on a continuous run or for just an hour or two. Decide and pick that which is best for you. But advisably, choose the diffuser with several timing options. This will help you displace worry when busy or asleep. The diffuser goes off immediately the time elapses.
- Intensity: A normal standard diffuser works well though with a minimal intensity of the essential oil in the air. However, for a stronger mist or fragrance, a nebulizing diffuser might just be your choice. Although, it is more expensive.
Review of Top Five Best Essential Oil Diffusers
1. URPOWER 2nd version Oil Diffuser Featuring Cool Humidifier
Are you comfortable with the smell in your home and office or you want a little upgrade? Are you in search of a simple way to make your room smell better? If yes, then the URPOWER Ultrasonic Essential oil diffuser is easy to use and will up you step up your game. Without harming or altering your essential oil, the ultrasonic diffuser vaporizes your oil and disperses it into the air to help relax your body. Its reservoir can take up to 100ml of water and the gadget can work for about 6 hours on the go. It is safe and goes off once the water runs low; disallowing overheating.
2. ASAKUKI Premium Essential Oil Diffuser
You are tired of the offensive and unpleasant odor that has taken over your home and rooms, aren’t you? You love to enjoy fresh fragrances that relieves you of stress or helps you to sleep, right? The ASAKUKI aromatherapy nebulizer might just be what your home needs. The mode and operations of this essential oil diffuser makes it stand out among others. It is easy to clean and has a water reservoir with 500ml capacity. Also, two levels of quiet mist functions and four (one continuous and three timers) modes are notable in this model.
3. BAIESHIJI Essential Oil Diffuser
This whisper-quiet design is uniquely made with metal carving making it more beautiful, elegant, and attractive. It is user-friendly, easy to assemble, clean, and operate. As an efficient diffuser, it doubles as a humidifier and night light. Also, its water capacity is 100ml and it turns off automatically when the water level is low. It is lightweight and does not go against your home designs. It has LED lights too which can be turn on and off, with single light or alternate.
4. Hathaspace Marble Essential Oil Aroma Diffuser
Purify the air around you and transform your space into a therapeutic and sweet-smelling one. Experience aromatherapy differently using the Hathaspace Marble Essential Oil Diffuser. It is a safe non-heat ultrasonic design that covers 300 square feet or more. It is exquisitely designed to fit in with any interior design and layout. It disallows overheating by turning itself off once the water level is below the norm.
5. VicTsing Essential Oil Diffuser
VicTsing is a brand known for creating products with simplicity and usability. This essential oil diffuser from VicTsing is one of the best in the market today. It is safe, compact, portable, and easy-to-use. It performs excellently and can last for about 10hours of continuous usage in low mist mode. Although its exquisite craft makes it look like fine wood, it is made of plastic. It is heat resistant and stops overheating by turning off as at when due. It has a very large water tank capacity of 300ml. It also works efficiently in large rooms and open spaces covering about a 20-30meter square area.
6. Tenswall Essential Oil Diffuser
Tenswell essential oil diffuser does not only work as an aromatherapy device but as a humidifier too. It improves the quality of air in your home, rooms and office while relaxing your body in a fragrant and cooling scent. The diffuser is made such that no harmful material alters your essential oil. The brand pack comes with a user manual, power adapter and a remote control. Its average working hour is 10 with a tank capacity of 500ml.
Types of Essential Oil Available In The Market
- Lavender oil: The lavender oil is amazing. It is a sedative, antioxidant, immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory, anesthetic among other uses. There are so many components found in this essential oil in large quantities. It is indeed a powerful one. The oil promotes relaxation, treats anxiety, depression, eczema, nausea, and insomnia.
- Tree tea oil: This amazing yet uncommon and awesome essential oil has been used to treat coughs, colds, skin ailments, and to also heal wounds. This wonder-working oil is an important ingredient in most mouthwash. It is antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and can kill oral bacteria, heal dandruff, and kill the influenza virus. Importantly, it is a natural deodorant and treats cold, flu, and other illness. It also contains compounds that fight bacteria responsible for body odor.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is mild, sweet, and essentially medicinal. It is characterized by a bright, light, and clean color. Also, a refreshing and uplifting scent. It is antibacterial, astringent, and antimicrobial. Lemon oil is wonderfully efficient in skincare, removing wrinkles and toning. It is proven to aid concentration too.
- Cinnamon oil: One of history’s oldest essential oil is Cinnamon oil. The oil is sweet and spicy though mucky and warm. In aromatherapy, it is of great use when combating cold in the chest. It is also an antiseptic and can be applied topically to relieve pains and aches. Also, it stimulates circulation and improves digestion. Cinnamon boosts memory and improves performance at a memory task.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus Oil is a very strong and intensifying oil with a minty smell. It can kill pests and weeds. Though the smell is quite hard and strong, it cleans the air rapidly. Also, it can boost the immune system. Its usage as medicine treats health conditions such as asthma, nasal congestion, and cold. On the skin, it works as a remedy for arthritis and skin ulcer.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint is an active ingredient in your mouthwash, toothpaste, shampoos, or even chewing gum. It is a stimulant, antispasmodic, antiviral, antioxidant, and antifungal. It is an analgesic and relieves one of headache and nausea. Peppermint oil is believed to reduce nervousness, boost energy, improve circulation, and increase mental concentration.
How Do Essential Oil Diffusers Work?
In simple terms, essential oil diffusers work by dispersing oil into the air. Which is inhaled and easily used by the body. This dispersion follows different processes in different diffuser types. There are four basic diffuser types; Ultrasonic, Heat, Evaporative, and Nebulizer diffuser.
The ultrasonic diffuser disperses the oil into the air via vibrations. The heat, as the name reveals, involves the use of heat to sublime the oil into the atmosphere. The evaporative uses the wind while nebulizing disperses the oil atomically with force into the air. In all, the four diffuser types work by dispersing oil into the air via their mechanisms.
How to Use Essential Oil Diffuser
To use an essential oil diffuser, you will need a power outlet if the diffuser needs to be plugged. Be sure to locate your diffuser near the middle of the room to aid even dispersion of the oil. In most diffusers, there is a top lead that when lifted reveals the reservoir of the diffuser. Lift open the top of the diffuser and fill the reservoir with water at room temperature to a marked point or level. Add a few drops of your essential oil to your diffuser, replace the cap and turn it on. Voila! Your essential oil diffuser is good to go.
How to Clean Essential Oil Diffuser
Cleaning your diffuser is important. Learning to clean and maintain your diffuser is important to ensuring the longevity of usage and keep it in perfect running condition. After each use, wipe out your diffuser and allow it to dry. First turn off your diffuser. Fill the reservoir with water halfway and add a few drops of vinegar (for ultrasonic diffusers) and allow it to disperse for a few minutes. Thereafter, drain and use a cotton swab to thoroughly clean the edges and depths of the water reservoir. Rinse with clean water and wipe clean with a dry towel.
Wrapping It Up
The importance of diffusing essential oil is numerous. Suggestively, the URPOWER essential oil diffuser should be your surest pick without hesitation. Certainly, you have discovered that this diffuser is immensely important in transforming your space into a garden of sweet smells and comfort. Its ambiance is enough relaxation; having LED lights that shine in all radiance. It’s long working hours and intense feel is an advantage. Do not hesitate to buy this when you are on the lookout for effective essential oil diffusers.
Finally, diffusing essential oil can help your home smell adorably welcoming. It can help you combat cold and flu, reduce anxiety and stress, relieve muscle pains, and headaches. Also, improving your mood and diminishing smokes and pet odors is important.