A humidifier is a device that increases the air’s moisture content in the room or building. Humidifiers are needed in homes to moisturize dry air. Dry air can be detrimental to one’s health and they cause varying illnesses. Dry air also causes respiratory infection. Getting a good humidifier for your room depends on the size of the room. There are different models of humidifiers to pick from. Some humidifiers are strong enough to power a whole building. There are small built humidifiers for just a room. The latter only powers a room. They cannot be used for a whole house moisturizing. The best humidifier for 1000 square feet will effectively humidify 1000 square feet house layout. Hence, our discussion is centered on 1000 sq ft humidifier and how you can pick the best one as regards to your space requirement and other relevant features that makes up a good humidifier for a thousand sq. ft. coverage.
Best Humidifier For 1000 Square Feet 2020 Comparison
Top 8 Best Humidifier for 1000 Square Feet 2020 Reviews
1. Vornado EVDC300 Energy Smart Evaporative Humidifier
This product is a strong humidifier. It can humidify rooms 700-800 square feet which is approximately 1000 sq. ft. With its Energy smart DC motor, the device generates 1-watt power to moisturize the room. The smart mode makes it work effectively while utilizing little energy. Its smart model also allows the Vornado humidifier to detect how much moisture the room needs and it goes to work instantly around the room’s humidity requirement.
The large tank gives 3 gallons of power output daily. Moreover, the tank is easy to install, clean, and refill. Besides, the tank is clearly built to monitor water usage. Besides, it indicates when refilling is needed. The best feature yet about the device is the 1-wick filter. This filter uses the natural method of humidifying. It moisturizes the air in the room without leaving a single drop of water on any surface. Product Dimension are 7.8 x 13.2 x 12.2 inches. It Weighs 6.9 pounds. With this amazing humidifier, you can have a home with a comfortable breathing space.
2. Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
This humidifier is another amazing whole room humidifier for a thousandth feet. It can humidify a room of 1000 square feet. The product’s tank can accommodate up to 4-gallons water capacity powering the unit for up to 24 hours. This means it works consistently for a longer period with fewer refilling interruption. Like every smart humidifier, Vornado Evap40 can detect the amount of moisture and circulation needed and goes to work on providing just that exact amount of humidity for that environment.
This unit does the humidifying using its deep pitched blades through the dry air using two wick filters. It then circulates moistened air back into the environment. The two wicks filters are easy to clean, easy to set up, and readily available in stores. Vornado Evap40 comes with control panels. The control panel is easy to set humidifier’s fan speed and humidity level. Speed can be set from low (750RPM) to medium (1150 RPM) and high (1600 RPM). Also, the humidity level can be set using the humidistat dial control. Product Dimensions are 10.5 x 19.5 x 13.5 inches and weighing 9 pounds.
3. Ultrasonic Humidifier for Large Room
This is a humidifier with amazing features. Control panels leave room for adjustments like humidity level and fan speed. The humidity levels can be set from a 40-90% level. Preset fan speed ranges from low, medium to high, depending on your preference and the weather too, you can set the fan speed to any of these three. The water refill of this device is made simple with its top filling design. Simply open the lid at the top to refill. Diluted hypochlorous can be added to the water. This product with dimensions 29 x 11 x 10.5 inches and weighing 5.44 pounds occupy a small space and easy to lift.
It is also a quiet worker. It works at less than 30db, a frequency so low which makes it the best humidifier for babies and light sleepers. It runs using 1-Lithium ion battery which is included. Auto-off mode lets it automatically turns itself off once it is out of water. Most relevantly, needless to say, users do not need to monitor its water level. The night mode feature works effectively at night. It turns off the lights and sounds and saves energy while you enjoy a wonderful night’s rest.
4. VENTA LW45 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier
This model can humidify rooms up to 800-860 square feet. It comes with no filter, does not produce dust, ion or ozone. It is a filter-free evaporative humidifier as well as a filter-free purifier. It humidifies the room while also purifying it. It removes, dust, and other dry particles.
That Venta Airwasher works with no filter while purifying and humidifying makes it hygienic and safe for use. It is also another quiet humidifier working at a low frequency between 24-45 decibel sounds. Its tank can hold 2.6 gallons. The product weighs 13 pounds and has dimensions 11.8 x 13 x 17.7 inches. It shuts off automatically when the water level is low.
5. Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
This Honeywell model is another best humidifier for 1000 square feet and also powerful enough to humidify two or more rooms simultaneously. It can successfully power a whole house. The product weighs 19.95 pounds with Dimensions 23.15 x 14.96 x 17.48 inches. This humidifier two water tanks have the capacity to hold 3-gallons of water. The machine works round the clock (24hours) per refill.
Note-worthy of all humidifiers, it has humidistat control that helps set the humidity level. It maintains the humidity level of the room between 40-60% and one of the best humidifiers for both babies and adults. It also has an auto shut off panel which helps keep humidity level in check. The light indicators attached beams when “water tank empties” and when preset “humidity level is attained”. This model comes with a wick filter that sieves through the air. It removes impurities from the air making it clean to breathe in.
6. Elechomes Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier can power rooms of 755 square feet. The product weighs 6.3 pounds with dimensions 10.4 x 7.2 x 12 inches. It has a 5.5L tank which needs no frequent refill. A refill can have your humidifier working for almost 2-days. Refill is done easily through the top. It has a high output of 600mL/hr. Sleeping time is fun with model SH8820. Elechomes ultra-quiet sleep mode makes it noiseless while you sleep. The device works using ultrasonic mist technology barely making noise just between 20-32db.
It has a Cool and Warm mist setting making it a great option for both winter and summer months. This product is easily the best humidifier for skin moisturizing. It aids good sleep and helps the home feel comfortable. It is also good for plant growth around the home. The LED display helps to monitor the humidity level and humidity levels can be set between 20-80%. This level helps to keep the air moisture moderate and conducive.
7. Aprilaire 500 Whole House Humidifier
The Aprilaire 500 is a whole humidifier that can power large areas of 3000 square feet. It has a 12-gallon water capacity tank. It is a compact design suitable for tight spaces. Aprilaire 500 is an automatic humidifier with dual sensors. These sensors monitor the outdoor temperature and indoor humidity. Instinctively, it ensures there’s maximum humidity in the room. It keeps the humidity level in the room between 35-45%.
The digital control makes monitoring the humidity and water level easy. This model has a weight of 7.6 pounds. This appliance comes with the outdoor temperature sensors, 24 VAC Transformer, Saddle valve, Automatic humidifier digital control, humidifier with in-built bypass damper, water panel, and Solenoid valve.
Different Types of Humidifiers Available In the Market
Before you place an order for a humidifier especially for the best humidifier for 1000 square feet, it is vital you understand the various types of humidifiers to purchase the right one. The options available are discussed in this section below:
What Is A Whole House Humidifier?
Whole House Humidifier is a device that will successfully power every room in the house. They are stronger with higher humidity capacity. Whole house humidifiers are of different types. Depending on the work they do, the whole house humidifiers can be grouped into three types:
- Bypass humidifier: This whole house humidifier has a bypass drain-system, hence its name. They can bypass drainage if you do not have a drainage floor. Instead, the used water is circulated back to the room. It minimizes water usage. Bypass humidifiers use moisture from their furnace to humidify. The air is collected over the water trays. The collected air is cooled and then released back into the atmosphere. They are affordable.
- Steam humidifier: This whole-house humidifier works supplying steam. The steam is generated by using electricity to heat water until it steams. The steam is cooled. The blower then pushes the cooled steam into the room. These are the best whole house humidifiers. They are efficient but expensive.
- Fan powered humidifier: Fan powered humidifiers use its fan to generate moisture. While a bypass humidifier will use a furnace to moisten, fan-powered humidifiers rely solely on its fan. However, they require a constant water supply to keep them effective.
What Is A Portable Room Humidifier
These are simple room humidifiers. They are small in size and can only humidify one room at a time. Portable room humidifiers are of varying types. They are cool mist, warm mist, ultrasonic, evaporative, and vaporizing humidifiers. Below are the various types that you can consider for humidity supply:
- Cool mist humidifier: These humidifiers release cool steam into the room. Cool mist humidifiers evaporative and ultrasonic technology. A cool mist humidifier is good for children’s environment as it does not release hot mist and also conserve energy since it does not heat the water before delivering the final output.
- Warm mist humidifier: They humidify the room by using an internal heating system. The system heats the water before it is released into the room as soothing mist. In the cold winter, warm mist humidifiers are beneficial in helping to keep your home at room temperature to fight against cold.
- Evaporative humidifiers: These humidifiers use filter to absorb water. The water is absorbed as the filter is been blown. The process allows evaporation of water into the room as ultra-fine mist.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers: Ultrasonic humidifier ultrasonic technology. The technology uses vibration to produce cool mist in the room.
- Vaporizers humidifier: These are Humidifiers that uses vapor or steam to humidify the room. They work by using electricity to heat water which is in turn released as vapor. The vapor works on moistening dry air in the room.
What To Look For When Buying A Humidifier For 1000 Square Feet Space
- Space: When getting humidifiers, it is important to know the space you want it to power. If you want the whole house humidifier, then you should get the one that will power your whole house. If it is a room humidifier you prefer, then get a portable room humidifier.
- Cost: While whole-house humidifiers are efficient and capable they are quite expensive. Portable room humidifiers are less expensive.
- Technology: Some Humidifiers are technologically advanced than others. Some come with smart technologies that users with literally nothing to do than to enjoy the ride. Some, however, lack these amazing features. When buying your humidifier, always look out for the smart features with the device.
Wrapping It Up
The best humidifier for 1000 square feet is needed to keep the air in the home moist. They protect the home from varying health issues that could arise due to dry air. Humidifiers like the VENTA Airwasher helps erase conditions like dry scalp, chapped lips, allergies, headaches, and sinus congestion. All these are symptoms of dry air. It is not just humans who benefit from having humidifiers in the home. Notably, wooden furniture and plants are recipients of having humidifiers in the home. The furniture is preserved and the plants grow well. The Honeywell Cool Moisture Console model and the Elechomes model SH8820 are considered highly effective humidifiers for large homes.