Bronchitis is one of the numerous conditions that can create an uncomfortable moment. The condition is usually referred to as infection and causes inflammation of the bronchial tubes. Among the numbers of susceptible symptoms of bronchitis ranges from dry nose, nasal discharge, wheezing, and coughing which are responsible for the inflammation of the lungs and this can be a concern. However, if you’re suffering from bronchitis, there is no course for alarm, there are many treatment options available, but the best humidifier for bronchitis can help. In this regard, you’ll learn more about how a humidifier works to creates relief for inflammation in your lungs so that you can breathe with ease. Many humidifiers are out there but the few we’ve selected are designed for bronchitis and as such, we’ll like to introduce you to the comparison table.
Best Humidifier for Bronchitis Comparison
Reviews of 5 Best Humidifier for Bronchitis
1. Levoit Humidifiers for Large Room Bedroom
The Levoit humidifier is convenient, easy to use, and control for just the right amount of money. Perfect for large rooms, this humidifier can be used both in rooms for humans (children and adults) and pets.
It comes with two adjustable mist: warm mist and cold mist. The warm mist works by using heat to eliminate bacteria, germs, dust, and mold spores in your environment, thus decreasing the probability of catching a cold or flu.
The cold mist aids in skin moisturizing and offers temporary relief from nasal congestion. This humidifier also provides optimum quality of air thereby increasing the quality of sleep at night. It is remote controlled and has a running time of about 20-36 hours.
With its ultrasonic very quiet operations, convenient controls, and double mist features, this humidifier is the best for bronchitis patients. Also, do not forget to try out the scent disk option.
2. Levoit Humidifiers for Bedrooms
Slightly different from the one above, this humidifier acts as a 2-in-1 having both humidifier and diffuser abilities. It affords the opportunity of choosing the essential oil fragrance you wish to diffuse in your space.
Furthermore, it comes with a built-in adjustable humidity sensor that automatically maintains the level of humidity in your space. Perfect for the baby or children’s room, it is very easy to control, refill, and maintain. Levoit humidifier comes with a spiral air- duct technology that humidifies your space without causing any leaks or damages to the furniture.
Sound sleep is also made easy as the humidifier offers temporal relief from allergies and dry cough, intelligent sleep mode turns off lights and emits your preferred fragrance all the while working noiselessly. It has an 8 – 20-hour run and automatically shuts down once the water level is low. Maintenance is not a problem and it offers a one-year warranty.
3. Honeywell HCM350W Germ-Free Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier makes use of ultra-violet rays to eliminate up to 99.9% of germs in the water, ensuring a healthy, clean, and cool mist in your space.
Just the right humidifier for adults, children, and babies’ room, it maintains the moisture in the room and increases the quality of air to provide better breathing space and reduce allergies.
Easy to clean, maintain, and refill, the water tank has a capacity of up to 1 gallon and a running time of up to 24 hours before the next refill.
The Honeywell humidifier aids in maintaining indoor humidity level between 40-60% thus reducing dry air, static shocks, and the chances of flu viruses’ survival. It also helps protect that great furniture of yours from low humidity.
4. TBI Provfor Bronchitis Symptoms
TBI humidifier comes with an impressive and efficient top fill design that saves you from the hassle of having to remove the tank just to refill. With a tank capacity of up to 6L of water, it has a running time of up to two days without a refill. Its 360o rotating nozzle design makes it effective in ensuring an even distribution in your space.
Perfect for large rooms, its adjustable mist settings, and multi-purpose functions help to create a healthy and clean atmosphere. TBI Pro also comes with a special medical stone filter that helps purifies and decarbonizes the water ensures a healthy mist and air free of impurities.
Its cool-mist humidifier aims at maintaining indoor humidity level at 40-60% thus eliminating the survival rate of influenza viruses leaving your family with clear noses, fresh air to breathe, and fewer allergies to worry about. Noiseless, easy to control, and informative, this is the best humidifier for bronchitis patients.
5. Honeywell HCM-6009 Humidifier
Searching for a humidifier for really large spaces? This is your sure bet. With a double water tank capacity of 1.5 gallons each, this humidifier runs for up to 24 hours and can be used for extra-large rooms. It comes with an adjustable humidistat that can be programmed to suit and maintain the humidity level of the room.
Suitable for both adults and children’s rooms, its noiseless operation and unique technology aids to emit quality, fresh moisture that ensures comfortable breathing, relief for cough and congestion, and reduced chances of allergies due to flu.
This Honeywell cool mist humidifier also comes with a wicking filter that helps to keep impurities in the water out and reduces white dust thus optimizing output. With this humidifier, you can say goodbye to dry skin and throat.
How Humidifiers Helps Bronchitis Patients
Bronchitis patients suffer from an inflammation in their bronchial tubes that carry air to and from the lungs. This results in frequent cold, cough, or other respiratory illnesses. Bronchitis is usually caused by common cold viruses and flu such as influenza. Dust, polluted environment, and toxic gases could aggravate the condition. Because the illness is respiratory, the kind of air the patients breathe therefore matters.
The humidity level of your house must be maintained such that it isn’t too much or too little moisture. A humidifier is your best option for controlling and maintain the proper levels of humidity in your home. It releases clean, pure, and healthy moisture into the atmosphere thereby increasing the quality of air available for the patient to breathe with. Some humidifiers also possess features that enable them to reduce the survival of influenza in the home and ensure a good night’s sleep for the patient.
Top Features to Consider When shopping for Humidifiers for Bronchitis
- Warm mist humidifier Vs Cool mist humidifier: there are two major types of humidifiers. The operation of the warm mist humidifier is such that it comes with healing properties that heat the water to steam. This type of humidifier is effective in killing germs and keeping the environment warm and comfortable. It also provides relief from cold through the steam produced which is very essential for bronchitis patients. Although the cool mist humidifier has no healing properties, its operation makes use of a wick to disperse moisture into the surrounding. It is safer than the warm mist and also aids in cough and nasal relief, moisturizes dry nose and skin, and can cover more areas than the warm mist humidifiers. Both are effective humidifiers so you’ll consider which one of them suits your needs.
- Size: size is an important factor to consider because it determines how much area your humidifier can effectively cover. Depending on how large your room, you’ll need to purchase a humidifier that covers the whole room from one position. Thus regardless of where you are in the room, you’ll feel its effects.
- Safety: whether you are buying for children or adults, safety is an important factor to consider. Some humidifiers offer features such as automatic shut down or some form of protection against any potential injury. Be sure that there is a warranty on the product purchased.
- Maintenance and Timing: another thing to consider is how well the device can be maintained. How often does it require cleaning and refilling? Humidifiers with timer functions are important because it affords the opportunity of setting the humidifier to the time you need its operation either after work or during sleep hours.
- Humidistat: a humidistat is a device that controls the humidity levels in an environment. It is most often adjustable to suit the humidity of the particular space it is in. Most humidifiers come with in-built humidistats that can be programmed to maintain the indoor humidity levels effectively. This has many health and environmental benefits.
Humidifier Vs Vaporizer for Bronchitis which is the best?
Both humidifiers and vaporizers work with the same goal; to reduce dryness in the air by adding moisture. They are relatively used to combat the same issues such as cough, congestion, and comfortability. What differs is their mode of operation in releasing moisture. While humidifiers majorly work with releasing cool mist into the air, vaporizers heat up the water and release moisture in form of steam.
Although the steam dispersed via the vaporizer might be said to be more hygienic, it can sometimes be dangerous around children or toddlers because of the hot water. In similar but different ways, both can get the job done, which is ensuring comfortable and easy breathing and reducing cough and nasal congestion. In the end, it all boils down to budget, safety and family considerations and preferences.
Humidifiers can be very useful to bronchitis patients and even for the whole family at large. Whether it’s a cool mist or warm mist humidifier, its benefit, in the long run, is still the same. Just be sure to consider the features mentioned earlier and in no time, you’ll be arriving home with the best humidifier for bronchitis patients in your hands. Check the comparison table once again