Are Massage Cushions Good For You? So far, no medical reports claimed that the best massage cushions aren’t good. Daily consumer reports statistics of people looking for the best massage cushions to use for their car seat or chair at home and office demand is positively increasing. This claim indicates that these massage seat cushions are benefiting.
For instance, your ordinary chair cannot offer heat, shiatsu, or kneading back massaging technique, whereas cushions technology can, as seen, in this back massage cushion with heat. Remember, cushions are an alternative to massage chairs. Since the former is more expensive, the pretty affordable latter can be substituted for a massaging chair.
Given the above, we’re going to be showing the list of our top 10 best massage cushions reviews and other related aspects that make up a good and reliable massage cushion.
To quickly navigate this article follow these quick links such as Recommendation | Benefits of massage cushion| Where to use a massage cushion | Cushion Buying Guide | Types of massage cushion | Which is the best cushion?
Best Massage Cushions Comparison
Reviews of Best 10 Back Massage Cushions Pad of 2020
This Massage cushion is a remake of the original QUATTROMED III by Casada. The chair features a nicer looking design and is even more comfortable than ever. This chair features a DC car adapter, and this makes it suitable for use in cars, RVs, and trucks and not just for home use alone.
This massage seat cushion uses two massage techniques including, Jade massage, which helps to relieve muscle pain quite effectively. You can customize massage intensity and adjust the heating function based on your preference. This cushion is still quite comfortable to sit in even when not powered up.
If you want a massage cushion that not only cares for your back but also massages your neck, then this is one of the best ideal options to consider. It features an extra set of nodes that provides soothing relief for your neck areas as well. This part of the cushion can be turned on or off independently of the main shiatsu nodes and can be adjusted between 3 vibration levels.
The cushion pad features an elastic strap and this helps to secure the pad to regular chairs and recliners in your home or office. The device is also fully customizable. You can adjust the roller positions to allow you to target specific areas of your body for an overall effective massage.
3. Gideon GD-MSG-CS2 Six Customizable Program: Best Massaging Cushion
The Gideon GD-MSG-CS2 takes customization to a whole new level thanks to its 6-program mode that allows you to adjust the cushion settings until you find what suits your needs perfectly. You can set the device’s four 3D deep massage nodes to target specific areas such as your lower back, upper back or even a specific point. You can also adjust the speed to high or low.
In addition to the regular shiatsu massage, this unit also comes with a vibration massage mode for the seat. Both modes can be used together or separately. There is also a roller massage mode and a soothing therapeutic heat function as well.
The Snailax Shiatsu Massage Cushion features 4-deep-kneading nodes that can be set to target three massage zones in the back with varying intensities. The massage nodes are flexible and are designed to fit your body curves perfectly, and for targeting specific areas.
This device features a seat that vibrates to cater for the lower body. It has an integrated strapping system, which makes it possible to secure the cushion to any seat in your home or office. It is made from premium quality, whether ensuring that users get a cozy smooth feeling each time they use the cushion.
With this massage cushion, you get 4-massage nodes that specifically work on your neck area and another four that work on the back. While the seat does not have massage nodes, it does vibrate. Hence your thigh, buttock, and lower back are not left out as well.
The position of the rollers can be adjusted to focus on specific areas. This chair has 3D rotating balls that are designed to attain deeper penetration of the muscle. The device can be used at home, or in the office and it also includes a car adapter as well.
The Comfier Shiatsu Back Massager is designed to mimic expert massage hands to relieve tension and knots in the muscles. It features 4-rotating nodes that move up and down the body and can be focused on specific areas for spot massage.
There is also a vibration mode that can be adjusted in 3 levels to massage the hips and thighs effectively. This device is designed to be portable and can be easily attached to pretty much any type of chair.
With 10-vibrating motors focused on 5-different massage nodes, this is one of the most effective massage seats we have around. It is suitable for use at home, in the office, or even in the car with DC adapter included for car use.
The device can be easily controlled and customized thanks to a wired remote that allows you to choose the desired option. Each of the vibration points can be controlled independently and there are 3-intensity settings as well. One of the highlights of this device is its portability. It folds up quite conveniently so you can easily stow it away or carry along with you on a trip.
HoMedics, Quad Shiatsu Pro Massage Cushion is an easy to use unit that delivers pro-level massage in the comfort of your home. You can choose between 3 massage styles which include percussion mode, kneading mode, and a rolling massage mode.
In addition to specific massage styles, this device can also be customized to focus on certain zones using the specialized zone controls.
To further help your muscles relax, there is a heating feature for the back section of the massage cushion. The hand controls are intuitive and quite conveniently positioned for ease of use.
This unit is arguably one of the smartest massage chairs available in the market. Instead of manual controls, this device has a smartphone app that allows you to switch between the cushion’s 4- massage styles and different massage spots right on your phone. Alternatively, there is also an attached remote control that can be used to change the settings based on preferences as well.
In addition to customizable settings, this device can also be adjusted to your height which makes it usable for every member of your family. It can also reverse in any direction or stay pinpointed in a specific area.
10. Tenker for Back and Neck: Back Massager for Chair with Heat Recommended
Made from top quality PU leather, this massage cushion is designed to be quite comfortable to sit on. It also features a breathable mesh design which further enhances comfort. In terms of its massage functionality, the chair has 4 message technique options available for both back and neck massage.
There is also a heating feature for a more soothing experience. Additionally, there is a vibration massage feature for your buttock and lower back. Control is using an attached hand controller. The unit is suitable for both home and office use.
What Are The Health Benefits of A Massage Cushion
Getting a massage helps your body relax and eases up any built-up tension and knots. This is just one of the many benefits of using a massage cushion, and one of the numerous reasons you may consider getting one. Here are some of the main health benefits of using a massage cushion.
- Deep tissue massage: More than mere skin surface massage, massage cushions can deliver deep tissue massage, and this is quite effective for loosening tensions in the muscles and tissue and boost overall blood circulation.
- Boosts oxygen supply: Since massage aids blood flow, there is also a boost in the amount of oxygen that gets to the muscles, which helps to relax your muscles and reduce the chances of muscle spasm.
- Back massage helps to relax muscle groups around the spine: Your spine does a lot of work daily more than you can ever imagine. A massage cushion can help relax muscle groups around the spine. This makes them more relaxes and can greatly improve your posture and general comfort.
- Stimulates muscle recovery: Athletes and other people who stretch their bodies to the limits can benefit from using massage chairs to help their bodies heal faster. Reduces the risk of inflammations, muscle pain and so on.
Massage cushions help in the treatment of certain medical conditions: In addition to helping you relieve temporary muscle pains and relax the body, massage cushions are also recommended for treating specific medical conditions. These include conditions like chronic back pain, inflammation (arthritis), vascular diseases, spondylosis, and so on.
Where To Use A Massage Chair
- Armchair: Massage cushions are most commonly mounted on armchairs and recliners. They typically have adjustable straps that allow you to place the massage pads on, sit, and enjoy a relaxing massage. Of course, you mustn’t overdo it as excessive massage also has its detrimental consequences.
- Couch: Already, couches are associated with relaxation and comfort. Hence, it is no surprise that some massage chairs are designed for use on a couch.
- Bed: Massage pads designed for beds allow you to get a massage in the comfort of your home without stress. There are beds designed to allow you to mount massage the pads right into a part of the bed. Likewise, you will find chair pads that are shaped in such a way that you can lay them on the bed flat and enjoy a massage in a sleeping position.
- Office: Most massage chairs are designed for home and office use. Cushions designed for this purpose usually have straps that make it possible to attach them to regular office chairs. With this, you can take a short time off on a stressful day and get a quick message in your chair without booking a separate appointment for that purpose.
- Car or Truck: Massage cushion for chairs can be used in trucks and cars. If you live in an RV for example, then you need a unit that is car-compatible. Truckers who spend a lot of time on the road can also benefit from using a massage chair in their vehicle.
Note that not every massage cushion is designed for use in the car. Those designed for this purpose usually have DC adapters that easily connect to a vehicle’s cigarette lighter.
However, a massage chair should only be used when the car isn’t in motion. Using the device while driving can be dangerous as a muscle spasm can occur which may lead to an accident.
Features To Consider For Buying The Best Massage Cushion
The market for massage cushion is filled with numerous options and each with its peculiar features. This development can make getting the best one for you quite challenging. Even worse, the fact that a massage cushion is of a great quality doesn’t mean it will be the perfect choice for you.
A massage cushion might be great but still, fail to meet your specific needs. Here are some of the features you should consider before you purchase a massage cushion
The massage node is arguably one of the most important components of a massage cushion. It determines how the device massages your body. The number of nodes in a massage chair varies from one model to the other. Very large chairs may include as many as 14 massage nodes while smaller cushions may have as few as 4.
The distribution of these nodes varies as well. Some pads have nodes in the backrest, neck area and so on. In addition to considering the number of nodes, how these nodes move will also determine how effective it will be. This feature also varies from one model to the other. Some cushions have nodes that are unidirectional or only move up and down.
Cushions with nodes that move in all directions and can even rotate are more likely to give you a better massage experience. Typically, the direction of the movement of the nodes is controlled either manually or using a remote control.
This is another common feature in modern massage cushions. Most massage chairs now spread warmth across your back or neck as the machine works. Heat ensures an overall more relaxing experience and helps to make the massage process more effective.
Most massage chairs only focus on the back and neck area. But you will enjoy your massage session better if your thigh, lower back, and buttocks get some attention as well. This is why a chair with a vibration feature is a great choice. Most of them also come with controls that allow you to change the intensity of vibration based on your preference.
Unless you are certain you will be using your massage cushion in your home alone, portability is an important feature to consider. This way you can easily pack it on a trip with you, use it at work, in the car and so on.
A lightweight cushion is highly a recommendation. Some pads also come with handles, which makes them easier to carry about.
Massage styles, speed, and intensity
Being able to customize a massage chair to your specific requirements is a great feature. Typically massage chairs are designed to mimic some of the most popular massage techniques.
Some chairs may have up to 4 pre-programmed styles. As such, you can choose a specific program of choice. You should also be able to vary the intensity and speed of the massage in a good chair.
DC adapter for car use: car compatibility is another feature to consider. Having a DC adapter means you can easily connect the ad to the car’s cigarette lighter. Therefore makes it easier to use the device in your car, RV, truck, and so on.
Massage chairs cost quite a bit. For this reason, it makes perfect sense if you want to get a device that gives you the most for your money. Several massage cushions only massage your back and neck area.
A few of them also have a vibration feature that caters to your thighs, buttock, and lower back area. You can even take things a notch higher by going for devices that can massage your arms, shoulders, calves, and feet at the same time.
The idea is to get a unit that can serve multiple purposes to give you optimum value for your money.
It is not enough to have a working device, how easy it is to control it matters too. Most massage chairs these days have a remote control. Of course, this can be more intuitive in some models than in others, so watch out for that. Some smart massage chairs now come with apps that make control and monitoring quite seamless.
Like every machine, safety is an inevitable consideration. For a massage chair, the most important safety feature to consider is overheating control. This function turns off the unit automatically after about 15 or 20 minutes of use. Also, it prevents overuse and helps to protect your machine in case you forgot to switch it off after use.
Types of Massage Chair Cushion Pads
There is a 3-major category, massager cushions are grouped into and below are the options to note:
- Lumbar massage chair cushions: The lumbar chair cushion works more around the lumbar areas than the entire back and combines with heat therapy, which helps in pain reliever. Its application also helps align your spine with a soothing massaging. If you have back pain, strain, or love sitting for hours doing office work, adding a lumbar massage cushion to your chair is going to benefit a lot.
- Hip and Back Massage Cushion: When you sit for hours, the hip also receives pain, just like the whole of your backside. Purchasing the right massage cushion designed for back and hip areas stimulation is worth the price as it going to reduce pain effect, promoting your sitting comfort. This type of cushion is a perfect choice to be used for your office seat, lounging, etc.
- Neck, Hip, and Full Back Cushion: This cushion works for the neck, hip, and the entire upper back. We, therefore, recommend this cushion for whole back pain relief. Although more expensive to the other of its kind.
Types Of Massage A Chair Cushions Offers
Before purchasing a massage cushion for your chair, you must know the types of massage options, this chair cushion offers. These are listed and discussed below for understanding:
- Vibration Massage Cushions: A vibrating massaging can be applied to relax your abdomen or lower back muscles. This massager uses a vibrating and shaking process to stimulating the body tissues, thereby deeply massaging the muscles to ease them. Using a vibration technique, you can select a suitable pressure and speed level for comfort sake.
- Kneading Massage Chair Cushions: If you often get stressed and tired every day due to daily job activities, kneading yourself is one of the proven massage methods to repair worn-out muscles. It works in a circular motion on your spine region, loosening tensed muscles to improve overall body balancing.
- Rolling Massage Chair Cushions: A rolling massage chair cushion applies pressure air up and down your backside and close to the spinal area. The rolling techniques warm and loosen up your muscle tissues relieving tension, and leaving you in a relax-able effect. Over workaholic people are highly advice to adopt this massage method too because of how beneficial it is to them.
- Percussion Massage Chair Cushions: This type of massage chair cushion is for deep back pain tension reliever and improves blood movement. The massage works by thundering your back with intense pressure just like a professional-hand, but you’ll feel the tense strongly at the moment. In the end, your back freedom from pain is guarantee. Due to the strong-pressure offered by percussion massage cushions, newly to massage individuals shouldn’t use it.
- Shiatsu Circular Massage Cushions: Shiatsu massage involves using your finger pressure, elbow, or knees, and this is while it is called the Japanese kung fu style. Therefore, with the circular motion principle, the shiatsu cushion can produce a massaging effect with its rotating nodes. If you’re experiencing muscles that are stiff, stress, or anxiety feelings. We recommend this cushion as it helps to treats this symptom.
- Compression Massage Cushion: Generally, all massage cushions help to relax the muscles eliminating tenseness, which is the primary aim of why they exist. A compress massage targets muscles through a forceful pressure to keep the back and lower hips calm. If you are into sport-related occupations such as running, playing tennis, throwing a javelin, and the rest, this type of massage is right for you.
- Heat Massage Cushions: A heat massage method is not only peculiar to cushions but also find in massage chairs, foot massagers, including head and eye massaging devices. Heat, as part of a massage, can be at various heat levels that need regulating to personal comfort. This technique is ideal for people whose muscles are tense and need to loosen them to get a better experience. The heat sensation is also a way to relax the body, like most of the various types of massage cushions seen above.
How Often Should I Use A Massage Chair Cushion?
Healthwise saying, too much of everything is not good. Massage cushions are supportive devices that can be attached to a chair. You can relax on them but know it today, they are designed medically, for body pain, and muscle therapeutic relieving.
Using it every time won’t make it to last, as such, 1-3 times weekly schedule is a good practice. Besides, you can purchase a massage chair also to compliment things. When not on the massage cushions, you can enter your message chair relaxing, and improving stressed muscles.