Every day, people suffer from neck and shoulder pain due to stress from daily activities. As you return from work every day, massaging yourself with the best neck and shoulder massager can ease the muscles and tension that builds within your shoulder and neck areas. Besides, the health benefits of massaging the neck or shoulder keep you fit and healthy, but you need the best massager that can help you achieve this desire.
We are here to help, only if you let us do that for you. Our best massager buying and consumer reports guide feature top-rated products for both shoulder and neck massage. Everything you need to know about this device is available in the table of content as a quick guide. To start this discussion, we’ll introduce you to our comparison table before heading to neck & shoulder massager reviews.
Best Neck & Shoulder Massager Review Comparison
We’ve made it easier for users to navigate this post by providing relevant links that takes you an area of interests. So you can click any of these quick-link |Reviews | What you need to know about neck and shoulder pain and massage | Symptoms/signs of shoulder – neck pain | Benefits | Buying Guides | Conclusion
Best Neck & Shoulder Massager Review: Top 10 of 2020
The Brookstone product is good for both men and women application. When you use this massage tool, the manufacturer promises faster muscles recovery. Off course, no doubt, the deep kneading and shiatsu massage nodes found in the unit soothes aching muscles and relieve tightness.
Also, the rolling technique massage nodes travels rightly into your back side and moves speedily to the shoulder muscles stimulating them on both sides of your spine.
The massage method includes vibration mode with three selectable intensity levels and this option can be use independently, or combine with other massage options.
What is shiatsu massage?
This is a Japanese massaging therapy method that involves circular motion, deep-kneading pressure targeting acupressure point to release tension and ease injury, tight muscles. Shiatsu is a popular way of caring for the body and that’s why most massage devices features it. The following are the convincing benefits of the shiatsu therapy technique:
To alleviate muscles soreness, acute pain and similar back shoulder tension, Resteck shiatsu massager kit is up to the task. This unit minimizes pains that can hinder you from moving freely, relieve neck stiffness, soothes aching muscles, eliminate constant tiredness and promotes proper blood flow.
This massager comes with a massage pillow which is usually sold separately and yet you won’t spend heavily. The portable nature of this Resteck product makes it good fit for on the road, camping, travel, and car use. This neck and back massaging device features a heat therapy and the heat can be regulated.
If you are looking for a back and neck-shoulder massager from the Naipo Company, we got you covered with this massager from them. Though we are talking about the best neck and shoulder massaging device, this beautiful looking product can be used for foot and legs, which makes it one of the best universal massagers in this review.
Apart for at-home use, also perfect for car and office environments massaging. Interestingly, it features eight-kneading shiatsu massage nodes for soothing fatigues relieving tightness of muscles.
In addition to the features, it is a built-in heat functioning that transfers warmth deeply into your muscles as an added advantage. This massage shoulder/neck massage device turns off automatic after 20 minutes of usage to achieve the best therapy.
Is massage good for neck and shoulder pain? Yes, massaging both the shoulder and neck relieves pain completely and that’s why we are reviewing the best massaging products for this need. However, in this article, this Nekteck unit is going to help you keep not only the neck and shoulder but also good for treating your legs and back muscles.
The quality of the material used in making the Nekteck is one that will last you and easy to clean and wash. The massage tool is safe to use while the heat function built into the best shiatsu massager helps to blood circulation at the right level. The heat function turns after 15 minutes automatically but can turn-off manually.
This shoulder massager has three speed-strength levels, as such, you can choose the best comfortable pressure level to remove muscle pain. Also, comes with long handle straps that allow you to adjust the massage positions and strength inclusive.
This unit offers three-dimension deep kneading and shiatsu massage nodes to relax your overused and tightness of muscles. It has advanced heating elements for soothing aching tense muscles but is optional. This unit comes with a compact and ergonomic design massage pillow, which fits perfectly into body and neck contour areas.
It is also good for the upper and lower back, calf, thigh, and abdomen areas. The multipurpose handle straps allow for adjustment of the pillow during a massage, or you can use it to secure the neck massager to your chair if you’re to use it with this furniture.
This unit is not a rechargeable model. As such, it needs to be plugged into an electrical socket for it to work. Therefore, can support both 110-120V & 220-240V electrical outlet. The shipping of this item comes with UL approved power adapter.
Another of our best recommendation in this neck and shoulder massager consumer reports guide comes from the Naturalico ShiATSU Massager. This tool is for versatile areas application, and this point of use includes your shoulder, neck, back, and foot. When you apply it to these areas, the manufacturer promises that the device thus reduces muscle tightness and while improving their flexibility.
The shiatsu back & neck massager combines heat technique as a means of working on your muscle for better treatment. Hence, if you want to recover faster from muscle soreness/injuries, getting a healthy massage is one of the ways to get out of this condition. Therefore, this Neaturalico massager can do this for you, thanks to the multiple kneading nodes that massages the muscles for thorough relaxation.
Like we’ve promised earlier in the introductory section. That we will be helping you find the best neck and shoulder massager. We are not letting you down out of the best treatment products for neck and shoulder muscle recovery. In this view, we saw this Nurse Massager as a recommendation.
The device features heat-function, vibration, and 3D kneading for massaging muscles sending pain away in less than 15 minutes. With this device, you can target body areas such as your lower – upper back, shoulder, legs, and backside. It’s ideal for home and working environment use.
The Nurse massaging painful muscle tool reliever has 4-nodes, which allow for control in the direction you want. Mores, the kneading balls match the human skeletal design for deep massaging. The shiatsu massager will auto-reverse every minute for a better distribution of massage effects.
Prolong muscle treatment for weeks after fatigue at work each day can lead to severe long-run muscle complications. Scientists knew this, and that’s why they’ve invented different massages tools for people to choose the one that is needful on time.
Belmint Shiatsu for neck and shoulder massaging comes featuring heating solution to warm up muscles to relax you calmly. If you have been feeling stressful pain around your back, neck, or shoulder region, you can trust this sensation massager to bring you remedy.
The portable and lightweight engineering makes it comfortable for both women and men to muscle repairing. Besides, you can use this neck-shoulder-back massager pressure point at working place, car or anywhere. Even the manufacturer promises you a 100% refund if you’re not pleased with the result it provides.
The Complete Consumer Reports Buying Guide – Massagers for Neck and Shoulder
Hopefully, you want to choose the right neck massage machine. That is a good intention. However, there’re more things to know if you must get the best neck shoulder pillow massage benefits.
Neck, Shoulder and Back Pain vs. Massage Therapy
If you are experiencing pain in the neck parts, there is a tendency of the pain extending to your shoulder region. This is because there is a connection between the neck and shoulder. Besides, the muscles around these areas are interconnected. To confirm this, try stretching or bending your neck, you’ll see the muscles pumping up with veins. However, the major causes of neck pain and shoulder pain are soreness that happens to the soft tissues, ligament, tendons, and muscles found with the region. Since, the shoulder/neck contains bones, muscles, nerves, veins and arteries, all of these things can be affected by stressful day activities, which later turn into pain.
The pain felt can be severe or minor from one person to another and this is determined by various things, maybe nature of work, wrong sleeping position, lifting of heavy items, etc. as such, you need to be informed to avoid certain activities that can trigger painful neck and shoulder. If you’re already feeling pain due to daily jobs, it makes sense to try a massaging device like the best neck and shoulder massager reviewed on this page. Although, natural ways such as applying ice to the neck region, taken of pain reliever medication, doing exercise are available, but the best shoulder massager provides faster results and more convenient to use. Some models offer heat therapy for a deep muscle pain reliever.
The Symptoms and Signs of Neck and Shoulder Pain
Before, we look at the signs and symptoms of neck and shoulder pain, never forgets these risk factors. Activities like Carrying of heavy objects, luggage’s, lifting of heavy weight, and throwing and ageing have been known to cause shoulder pain.
What are the symptoms and the signs?
- Pain: Feeling of sharp, dull, crampy, burning, or shock-related signs close your neck and shoulder joint. Pain results in headache, it can even make you lose your neck and shoulder motion due to stiffness.
- Weakness: Serious muscle pain can result in weakness due to the injury of the muscles. We are not saying all weakness is caused by pain, therefore try to know how you do feel generally before the pain condition.
- Numbness: your nerves are responsible for sensation. So when they are injured, cut, or bruised, you may not be active to feel, thus leads to loss of sensation.
- Coolness: Your arm or hand should be active at all times. However, if you notice the coolness of these organs, it may be that the veins, arteries, or possibly both have been injured.
- Change in color: When you notice white or blue tinge in the skin of your shoulder or arm, this suggests that your arteries or veins have been injured. Bruises, rashes, inflammation, or redness are also signs of neck and shoulder pain.
- Swelling: Off course is also an indication of shoulder or neck bone dislocation. When this happens not only leads to swelling but also serious pain.
- Deformity: This is when there is an abnormality in the position of the neck bone structure. If this happens, you’ll need a professional masseur or therapist for a remedy. After the first visits, you may be told to massage your shoulder neck at home, a good neck shoulder massager can help you out.
Benefits of Massaging Your Neck and Shoulder
- Massaging helps to relieve back tension that normally built to form back pains.
- Massages relax the shoulder-neck muscles, make feel better, and eases stress, boost the brain functionality, and in return make you sleep better.
- When you massage, it stimulates the muscles at the same time causes local blood circulation.
- Since shoulder and neck massagers are designed to be worn around the neck, hence, it reduces neck pain that results from inflammation, or pain that occupies because of the wrong sleeping position.
- Tensed muscles sometimes are behind most headaches, a good neck and shoulder massaging therapy would get rid of the underlying root source by treating the muscle contraction which causes tension.
- To massage leads to body flexibility. Do you know what’s behind an athlete’s flexibility? They undergo treatment massage therapy always for fitness and mobility of rigid muscles. You too can have a flexible shoulder and easy neck movement using the best neck and shoulder massager correctly.
How to Buy To Choose the Best Shoulder Neck Massager
Can I massage my neck with a shoulder massager? Yes, but you need to pick the best one. Each model comes with its features, which need to be examined to ensure you’re getting what you are spending. This action takes us to the various things that distinguish one from the other. Read further below:
Shoulder and neck massagers are built with various massaging techniques such as shiatsu, kneading, and vibration massage. It is possible for a single unit to have the 3-massaging techniques but may not be so in some models. However, here is how the various methods work:
- Shiatsu: This is usually referred to as the Japanese method. It involves rolling of your palm, thumb, or fingers in acupressure point as done by masseurs. This method is good for relieving and relaxing the muscles. Since you cannot be going to therapists all the time, scientists decide to incorporate shiatsu into neck massager for you to enjoy the benefits. Here is a unit that offers this massage therapist.
- Kneading Massage: Kneading involves pressing the body soft tissues. That is the muscles and the skin against the body frame to treat muscle tension. As per this massage, it greatly promotes blood circulation because it causes oxygen increment for the blood vessels to receive more nutrients. Knead technique is also perfect for people with muscle and joint aches and also for relieving tight muscles.
- Vibration: This massaging option is mostly seen in massage chairs and massage chair pads but advancement in technology had made it possible to see it in some neck and shoulder massagers. The vibration produced by a massage unit stimulates muscles, relief pain, and leads to an increase in blood generation and helps for maximal relaxation because of the loosening of the muscles.
The application of the heat option seen in the neck-shoulder massager guarantees muscle expansion. This happens because the heat effect warms up your muscles stretching them.
However, heat therapy increases flexibility, and it’s a good way of getting rid of muscle knots. Also, it increases the volume of oxygen being transported to the muscles and in the end, leads to increased blood flow.
Additionally, heat massaging relaxes the neck and shoulder connective tissues and loses the tightness of muscles. A heat massage session also reduces inflammation and thus boosts your immune system. What’s more? For newbies, you can use heat massage for two weeks to know if it’s going to work well for you or not.
Shoulder massagers or neck massagers are categorized into battery operated and electric powered massagers. Therefore, the battery models allow for use anywhere even while walking. While the battery can last up to three hours of usage, but still require charging. On the other hand, electric massagers don’t have a battery in them but are plug directly into an electrical outlet for you to use. Some of the shoulder massagers are compatible with car adapter.
Consequently, neck massagers powered by electric have movement restrictions. Though some models feature long chord but certainly will not give you more privilege like cordless portable best neck-shoulder massagers that allows you to walk around
When we talk about portability, we’re saying a unit that can easily be moved from one area of the body to another without difficulty, which is an important aspect of massage pillows’ choices.
For easier transporting of your device, the size influences the versatile moving. Large size units are the right choice for massaging your thigh and lower back while small-medium massagers are perfect for neck and feet massage. The size, however, makes the device fit different body areas applying for the best result.
A typical massage pillow, such as NURSAL Neck Massager with Heat as reviewed in the produce section is one of the units featuring plenty of nodes. More massage nodes mean more coverage area and are ideal for massaging your legs, hips, and back while models having few nodes work better for treating narrow parts such as your neck region.
The lighter the weight of your massage pillow, the more convenient to move or leave it where you want before the massage session elapses. Generally. Massaging yourself with a neck and shoulder pillow massager shouldn’t be more than 20 minutes at most, so choose a unit that can let you handle within the said duration.
Wrapping It Up
To massage the shoulder and neck is good, and the benefits cannot be over-emphasized. Nevertheless, there’re different ways in which we can get these parts of the body massage. Earlier, we mentioned using ice, medication, engaging in neck region related exercise, and so on.
The various neck pain solution talked about are absolute result-oriented, but often time neck and shoulder massagers proved more efficient. For this reason, we’ve set up this discussion and buying guide on finding the best shoulder and neck massager.
In the product section, we believe you saw the Top 10 best neck and shoulder massagers reviewed. They were the only unit that makes up our final list we researched and analyzed different massagers in the market. Therefore, you can trust any of the units for intensive shoulder and neck pain reliever, and all of the massage tools are on sale on amazon.