If you spend a lot of time working in your garage, you should install an air conditioner in your garage to get through the hot summer months comfortably. One of the best options to consider for this is a ductless air conditioner for garage cooling.
Although ductless airconditioners are typically more expensive and a bit harder to install but a ductless mini-split air conditioner will save you some costs in terms of energy consumption in the future which is why purchasing one is a great idea.
We have however set up this article to assist you should in case you like to invest in the best ac unit for your garage utilization. Also, other relevant things to note such as buyer guide, why you should buy a ductless air conditioning unit, and frequently asked questions alongside. Here are some of the top choices in this comparison table to consider.
5 Best Ductless Air Conditioner for Garage Reviews
1. PIONEER Air Conditioner Pioneer Mini Split With Heat Pump
This all-in-one ductless air conditioning unit is built with the latest advanced technologies. It is designed for comfort and high feeling in any room of your home including the garage. The system includes an indoor unit ductless air conditioning unit, an outdoor heat pump, a remote controller, and a full installation kit.
This indoor section high-efficiency inverter is designed to be both elegant and efficient. It looks good in any home featuring an attractive front panel with a dimmable LED display. It comes with a multi-speed fan motor and the louvers swing automatically as the air discharges.
The outdoor heat pump is built to be durable and efficient as well. It features a powerful DV inverter compressor. The casing is made from galvanized metal which makes it quite suitable for the outdoor unit. Installing this ductless air conditioner is quite easy since it comes with a full installation kit.
The AC also features a multi-functional wireless infrared remote control unit with an LCD backlit display for easy monitoring and control from across the room.
2. Aircon Ductless Mini Split DC Inverter Air Conditioner
This mini-split air conditioner is a high-efficiency and cost-effective cooling option for your garage. Distinguished mainly by its elegant and compact design, this unit looks good in any home and delivers optimal performance.
The full kit consists of an indoor ductless mini-split unit, an external heat pump system, and a complete installation kit. There is also a remote control with LED display for easy monitoring and control of the unit. The garage air conditioner itself also has an LED display that allows you to view unit operation or adjust settings easily.
There is a 24-hour timer which gives you greater control for improves efficiency. The indoor fan speed can be adjusted by up to 7 settings. It also has a high-efficiency filter screen as well as independent dehumidifying capabilities.
Additionally, this unit has some impressive smart technology features. In addition to being programmable, it has a sleep mode, auto protection capabilities, and a self-diagnosis mode.
The compressor also uses smart preheating features including auto restart and auto defrost. There is also a 2-way draining mechanism on both sides of the AC.
3. Mitsubishi MY-GL12NA Ductless Air Conditioner
The Mitsubishi MY-GL12NA wall mounts ductless air conditioner is a single zone unit that features a 23.6 SEER condenser. One of the air conditioner’s top feature is its precision control technology. Also, it features an electronic expansion valve and an inverter technology that improve the system’s efficiency and temperature control accuracy.
In addition to effective temperature control, the MSY-GL12NA ductless air conditioner for garage also has an advanced anti-allergy filter which helps to clean the air as it works. It can also work as a dehumidifier to remove unwanted moisture from the air.
You will also love this unit’s smart set feature which makes it possible to set a regularly used cooling profile such as temperature, fan speed, and airflow direction and access it with a single press of a button.
There are multiple vane control options which makes it possible to select the best position of the vane for optimum coverage. On top of all these, this air conditioner is Kumo cloud compatible thus making it possible to control the system from anywhere using the Kumo cloud app on your phone.
4. Senville SENL-18CD Mini Split Air Conditioner
If you are looking for a simple and affordable ductless air conditioner this is one of the top options to consider. The Senville SENL-18CD is an impressive multi-functional unit. Thanks to its 4-in-1 design, this unit can function effectively as an air conditioner, heating unit, a dehumidifier as well as a fan. Thus, it can act as an effective climate control system all year round saving you huge amounts in energy costs.
The air conditioner has a low ambient functionality. This allows it to work effectively even when the room temperature is low. It includes an easy installation kit which includes a wiring harness and a 16 ft line set. However, expert knowledge might be required to put it all together. It is inbuilt with whisper technology which ensures quiet operation and makes it suitable for use in any room of your home.
5. Gree MULTI18B NEO201 Dual Mount air conditioner
The Gree Neo 201 is designed to deliver exceptional cooling while being eco-friendly at the same time. With a compact and minimalistic design, it is possible to pass this unit off as just another air conditioner.
But make no mistakes, this 18000 BTU unit is inbuilt with a powerful and energy-efficient inverter. Moreso has a variable speed compressor. Thanks to its Dual zone design, the NEO 201 can conveniently cool 2 zones in your home without the need for a distribution box.
If you want a unit that delivers steady temperature regulation without the usual start and stops that conventional units are known for this is the AC to get. The compressor of this unit operates on advanced inverter technology which helps it to reach the desired temperature a lot faster and maintain consistent temperature levels. The unit also operates quite silently with noise level as low as 26 dB(A) during operation.
Controlling and managing this unit is quite convenient too. There is an infrared remote as well as a wired controller tethered to the unit. Installing the Gree Neo 201 is simple and also cost-effective as well. It also has an advanced inbuilt air filter that uses multistage filtration technology to clean and deodorize the air effectively.
Finally, this air conditioner features a sleep function. This helps you program operation according to your sleep pattern. This not only maximizes comfort but will also reduce energy consumption and utility bills.
The Best Ductless Air Conditioner for Garage Buying Guide
Also known as mini-split air conditioning systems, ductless air conditioners are powerful energy-efficient household appliances suitable for cooling garages and other spaces in the home. However, if you are planning to purchase a ductless air conditioner for garage, you should know the things to consider before making a choice. This way you don’t end up with a product that does not suit your needs. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind while making a purchase.
- Measure the size of your garage: When buying air conditioners, perhaps the most important factor of all incorrectly matching the size of your unit to the space you intend to use it for. Measure the size of your garage in square foot and compare it to the BTU rating of any type of air conditioner you are thinking of buying.
- Size and power of the ductless air conditioner: Incorrectly matching your garage to an AC type, you should find out the BTU rating of the AC unit and make a comparison. Typically, a higher BTU will require less time to eliminate hot air from a room than one with a lower rating.
- Voltage : This is another factor to put in mind as it will determine whether the AC you purchase can be installed in your home or not. Typically, small units have a standard voltage rating of 110 to 120 volts which is common in most homes. Larger units will require a voltage of 220 to 240 volts. Be sure to check the voltage of your home before purchasing because buying a wrong unit will not only waste energy but can also damage your circuit and cause a fire hazard.
- Type of air conditioner (single zone or multi-zone): As the name implies a single zone ductless air conditioner only cools on part of your home using a single outdoor and indoor unit. A multizone unit, on the other hand, can cool more than one part of your home at the same time. This means you can have it in your garage and install another indoor unit elsewhere while using the same outdoor system. Consider the pros and cons of each option and find the one that suits your need the most.
- Energy efficiency: The effect of adding a ductless air conditioner on the electricity bill is arguably one of the biggest questions you will need to answer before you make a purchase. This varies from one unit to the other hence the need to check the air conditioners you are considering. The efficiency is measured in SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). When comparing two units, the one with the higher SEER figure is more efficient. Some units also come with a yearly estimated cost which you can use to compare their efficiency. Additionally, models that are Energy Star-rated are generally more efficient. You can look out for this.
- Ease of installation: It is always advisable to have a professional install your unit. But even at that, you should still get an air conditioner that a novice would find relatively easy to install with no extra installation costs.
- Additional features: If you are looking for a tie-breaker between two choices you can look for one that has a desirable feature than others has. This could be asleep mode, programmable timer, air filter among other things.
Why Purchase Ductless Air Conditioner For Garage?
Deciding to install an air conditioner in any room of your home is a big deal. Not only will you have to think of the cost of purchase and installation, but the entire process of fitting on into your garage can be stressful. But at the end of the day, you will be the one to benefit from it all especially if there is a need for it. So why exactly would you want to go through the stress of installing an air conditioner for your garage?
First, if you live in an area where the outdoor temperature gets very high and you spend so much time in your garage, installing a cooling device in the garage is certainly a good idea. It will make spending time in your garage a lot more comfortable. What’s more? A lot of things typically stored in garages such as paint or even metal tools should be kept at a cool temperature. Hence, cooling down the temperature in your garage is highly recommended.
In addition to making your garage more comfortably, installing an air conditioner for a garage can also help with cooling the rest of your home as well. By cooling your garage, the air in rooms that are close by will also be cooled as well.
Consequently, this will also affect your energy costs as well. The warm air in an uncooled garage may begin to seep in under the door or through other ways into the other rooms in your home. This way, your central cooling or other air conditioning units in the rest of your home will have to do more work to keep the temperature in check. Thus forcing your energy bills to go up.
Wrapping It Up
Be sure to consider all of the factors mentioned here before choosing a ductless air conditioner to install in your garage. You can also speak to your technician for recommended options and buying tips. If you make the right choice an air conditioner unit can potentially transform your garage and make it a lot more comfortable no matter the temperature outside.