A steam bath or steam shower is an enclosure for bathing; it involves the use of hot steam to bathe the body. The steam rises up as a white cloud of smoke covering the bather inside the enclosure. However, the steam is generated by a machine called the steam bath generator, without this appliance, the steam shower would just be like any regular bathroom for a simplified purpose.
So, in this article, we’ll be discussing about steam shower generators, what you should look for when purchasing one, and a review of some of the models out there.
Defining The Steam Bath Generator
Steam bath generator is an appliance responsible for heating up water and transforming it into steam for emission. It is usually used in steam showers and may be incorporated into the steam shower unit or bought independently then installed into the bathroom. They need electricity to run and come in different kilowatts (Kw) of energy consumption. We have both the ones for personal use and the larger ones for commercial purposes like in spa and sauna.
Considerations Before Buying A Steam Bath Generator
- Decide on a good location to install the steam bath. A place that doesn’t obstruct movement or expose the unit to drop of water.
- Look for unit made with high quality material like aluminum, stainless steel as this would prevent early rust or corrosion since they would be exposed to humidity.
- Also look for low powered units, needing little energy in other to save on electricity bill. Choose those between 1-9kw if it’s just for personal use. But commercial purposes requires steam generator with higher Kw.
- Water usage is also an important factor to consider when purchasing. Choose a unit that consumes less water in other to save on water bills.
- Consider a unit that heats up and produce steam pretty fast, 10 minutes at most is ideal. Although there are faster models, but they tend to be more expensive and are ideal for commercial use.
- Consider the added features like temperature control, timer, self-cleaning options, noise reduction technology etc., as they come in handy.
- Safety features is also important, most units comes with a safety valve to protect it against water spills, and also an auto-shut off mechanism when the water is exhausted.
- Warranty: A good manufacturer warranty protects you against faulty unit, sometimes covers repairs and installation. It would be wise to search out a unit that offers great warranty service.
Reviews Of Best Steam Bath Generator For Homes
With all said so far, we shall further be reviewing a list of selected steam bath generators in other to make your purchase easier for you.
1. Superior 9kW Self-Draining Steam Bath Generator
Enjoy the healthy benefits of steam bath with this steam generator that comes fully packaged. It has essential features to improve your experience plus it is ETL certified so you are surely in safe hands.
- Uses 9kw of energy
- It is a self-draining steam generator set, so you don’t have to expend time and energy draining the unit of water after use.
- It has an aromatherapy outlet. Useful for enjoying the calming effect of essential oil while bathing.
- Comes with a control panel which can be mounted inside the shower or outside. There is also 16 feet length of connecting wire for the control panel.
- The temperature sensor feature adjusts the steam emission to suit the temperature.
- It also has a Shower wand with on/off controls
Also included in the package is:
- Operation & Installation Instruction Manual;
- 220-volt/8-2 wire-50 amp GFCI breaker (2 hot lines and 1 ground line);
- Chrome steam head with aroma therapy outlet;
- 12V light output wire
- 16 feet length connecting wire for control panel
Steam Spa D-1050 10.5 KW Steam Bath Generator
This steam generator can power larger bath or shower room and has no steam heads or control panel, but require hard wiring. It also has auto-drain system to remove any excess water/minerals that may damage the unit in the short or long run. The dual tank technology means that there is a consistent flow of soothing steam without interruptions.
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects
- 2 years service on parts and labor
- All the accessories are purchased separately (Does not come with the unit)
- It comes standard with both the quick start and automatic draining features.
- Easy to install and operate and Uses 10.5kw of energy
- Designed to curtail every operational noise
- It is compact in size and design
Happybuy 7 KW Steam Bath Generator
The Happybuy steam generator is made with durable stainless steel to prevent corrosion and rust. It also has different features that make it worth the buy, they include:
- It had LED digital display to show real-time temperature and shutdown time
- Self-diagnostic display feature shows the problem wrong with the appliance for easy fixing.
- It can serve a room volume of 195-300 cubic feet.
- Has protection against leakage, water shortage, dry burning, and high pressure of inner tank
- Also has automatic control features
- It is CE approved and has passed the ISO9001 quality certification.
VEVOR Steam Generator with LED Digital Display
It is made with high quality stainless steel also and suitable for medium to small sized bathrooms. It also has advanced features for an even greater bathing experience, which include:
- It uses 6KW of Power and suitable for 180-250 cubic feet room
- Has self-diagnosis display function
- Protection against leakage, high temperature, over voltage, water and line pressure. All these put in place to ensure the longevity of the unit
- It also has a LED digital display for temperature and shut down time
- Has automatic control for heating and Sub-heating watering process
- Equipped with the latest low noise diffusion nozzle for a noiseless operation.
- It is also CE approved with ISO9001 quality certification.
TOTOOL 7KW Steam Shower Generator
The TOTOOL 7KW Steam Shower Generator is constructed from stainless steel and solid state circuitry to reduce rusting and corrosion over time. It also features a lot of innovative features to make its use easier. These features include:
- LED digital display for temperature and shut-down time
- The unit runs a fault self-diagnosis display function, to show issues such as high temperature, over voltage, leakage, water protection and liner pressure safety protection.
- High quality material and build means that this steam generator guarantees a maintenance-free operation for years.
- It uses 7KW of Power and 220 volts
- Suitable for a room volume up to 180-250 cubic feet
- The working time range is between 1-60 minutes.
You don’t need to spend quite a lot of money to purchase a steam shower. You can simply convert your existing bathroom or shower into one using a steam bath generator. Fortunately, they can be purchased within a budget and yield to easy installation and maintenance. Therefore take advantage of the benefits, a steam shower offers by purchasing one for your home.