Although there are lots of humidifiers on the market but not all kind of humidifier is best for allergies. That is why we have selected our list of best humidifier for allergies with reviews to guide you.
Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes and other forms of related allergies symptoms can be caused by dry indoor air. These problems are threats if you are among those suffering such symptoms in homes where there is low humidity level.
Humidity is defined as the amount of vapor presents in the air at a relative time. According to findings, too low or high humidity affect us negatively as such it should be maintained moderately.
The bottom line, humidifiers helps to release moist air in to the atmosphere of homes, offices and other indoor environment. So in doing this we should ensure the right range of humidity level 35% – 60% should be put into consideration to avoid the negative side of reduced or excess humidity in the house.
For those looking for a humidifier suitable for allergies situation, need to understand that there are two kinds of humidifiers. It exists in either cool mist or warm mist humidifier. Cool mist humidifiers releases cool moisture which helps to ease some form of allergy condition. On the other hand, warm mist type are seen more beneficial for allergies problems. This is because it releases warm mist that can ease sinuses, free nasal congestion, alleviate sneezing etc.
Although not all allergies conditions are caused by dry atmosphere but if you notice your owe symptoms is as a results of having dry indoor air especially during the winter months, purchasing and running a humidifier at home can help gets a relief. This we can help you by showing you our best humidifier for allergies reviews for you to read through for an appropriate choice.
Best Humdifier For Allergies Comparison Chart 2017
|Product Name||Coverage Area||More Product Info|
|Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free||For rooms up to 275 sq. ft||More Info Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free|
|HoMedics Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier||For rooms up to 250 sq. ft||More Info HoMedics Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
|Vicks Germ-Free Warm Mist Humidifier||For rooms up to 350 sq. ft||More Info Vicks Germ-Free Warm Mist Humidifier
|Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare||For rooms up to 800 sq. ft||More Info Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare
|BONECO Steam Humidifier S450||For rooms up to 860 sq. ft||More Info BONECO Steam Humidifier S450
|PureGuardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist||For rooms up to 1000 sq. ft||More Info PureGuardian Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist
Reviews of Top 6 Best Humidifier For Allergies and Asthma Cases
1. Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier
The germ free humidifier is one popular product among consumers from the Honeywell brand. This humidifier is scientifically designed to use a patent ultraviolet technology in rendering up to 99.9% of mold, fungus, bacteria and virus inactive that maybe presents in the water. This process ensures the output to be release into the air is free from germs thereby helping to prevents allergy situation that may results from polluted air.
Most note worthy, honeywell hcm350w germ free cool mist humidifier is equipped with multiple output speed which lets you adjust the output rate and also sound level. In addition, works quietly while in operation compare to majority of humidifiers. The working hour of this humidifier depends on the speed level. However, it can run for up to 24 hours per filling while on low speed settings.
To maintain allergy free air at home, work places etc. purchasing this cool mist humidifier will greatly benefits you as it is equipped with germs killing technology. Nevertheless, the wick filters should be replaced according to usage for effective performance.
Our plus for this
- This humidifier kills bacteria, mold, fungus and viruses up to 99.9 percent.
- Variable speeds settings for moisture output level and also sound control.
- Almost quiet operation on high speed but low speed is runs quieter.
- It features Protec antimicrobial treated filter.
- Works perfectly for medium-room sized.
- Back up with 3 year warranty.
2. HoMedics Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
HoMedics is another unit in this review of humidifier allergy which also releases air free from airborne agents responsible for allergy trigger. The tabletop unit is equipped with two mist option to choose from such as warm or cool mist to meet your home condition at a time.
Like we say at the beginning, warm mist humidifiers are just the perfect choice that can help allergy related and asthma individuals. This is why we bring this homedics products for allergy sufferers to consider. However, you can choose either of this mist type by selecting the appropriate settings.
In conclusion, those looking for a humidifier without filter, HoMedics warm/cool mist humidifier does not use filter. Rather, it comes with a de-mineralized cartridge that easy to clean and replaced while saving you cost of replacing filters.
Our plus for this
- Clean-mist technology prevents growing of mold and mildew on the humidifier tank surface.
- Up to 80 hours run time from its dual tank with 1.7 gallon water capacity each.
- Automatic shut-off protects unit when tank is empty.
- It features a built-in ON/OFF night light.
- No filter to wash or change.
- The tanks are removable.
3. Vicks Germ-Free Warm Mist Humidifier
For better breathing process and comfortable sleep every night, vicks germ free warm mist humidifier is up to the task. This vicks warm mist features a medicine cup which can be use with kaz inhalant or with vicks vapor steam to create treated air in your home to alleviate every allergy battle in the home. In addition, the germ killing UV chambers ensures up to 99.9% spore, molds, bacteria etc. prevention.
Also, its small size makes it ideal for medium bedrooms or offices while occupying a little space. This unit also features a dual tank just like the hoMedics model and also installed with handles that lets you lift it easily for refill.
This warm mist humidifier will not disappoint you as many users have great likes for it. You can look up more details below why you should consider the vicks product as the best kind of humidifier for your allergies and related symptoms.
Our plus for this
- Ultraviolet chamber kills water-base germs and bacteria.
- Medicine cup compatible with vicks vapor steam or Kaz inhalant.
- Feature adjustable humidity level control.
- Two tank with soft grip handles.
- 2 gallon capacity tank for up to 24 hour run time in single refill.
- Medicated vapor that sooths and also relieves cough symptoms.
- 3 year back up warranty.
4. Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare 9-Gallon Console Air Washer Humidifier
This Honeywell HCM-6009 humidifier is a unit that meets a whole house or extra large room’s humidification needs. Although, we aforementioned that a cool mist humidifiers may not be effective for people experiencing some symptoms of allergies but this humidifier can be use for allergy purpose. The reason, it features an antimicrobial treated wicking filter that inhibits factors known to cause allergenic problems such as molds and its counterpart. The wick filter also helps eliminate water base impurities thereby reducing the white-dust while providing clean moisture air safe for inhaling.
The most relevant aspects why we recommends the Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare 9-Gallon Console Humidifier for allergic situation has been discussed. However, you can check more of its constituent below for more knowledge.
Our plus for this
- Adjustable humidistat helps to turn on/off of the humidifier to maintain programmed humidity levels.
- It comes with wick Protec® treated filter.
- Air washer technology helps to capture dust, dirt and pollen.
- Also features protect ® cartridge.
- 2 water tanks featuring large openings that are easy cleaning and refilling.
- Three speed settings to regulate moisture output rate and noise level.
- Run up to 24 hours of providing mist.
- Multi-room used.
- One Amazon user reviews claims this unit is not quiet which you can find more details from amazon!
5. BONECO Steam Humidifier S450
Some individual’s allergies require steam inhalation to enable them feel better and be comfortable. This boneco steam humidifier is here for people that fall into such categories needing a steam humidifier for their allergies reliever.
The Boneco works by heating water to boiling state while the resultant vapors escaped into the air humidifying your room. This steam device is one hygienic way to maintain safe air if you want to get fast reliever form allergenic condition, as it heats the water up to 250o provides bacteria and mineral free humidification.
Our plus for this
- The boneco S450 unit is ideal for home or room of up to 860 sq feet.
- It comes with up to 3.5 gallon capacity.
- You will have warm and airborne-free steam in your room.
- No mineral output will be released into your air.
- It is equipped with auto-cleaning mode.
- It is Friendly to children environment.
6. PureGuardian 12.5L Output per Day Ultrasonic Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
The Pureguardian product is the last unit on our humidifiers for allergy reviews. That doesn’t mean it is the least performing unit. It come this position since we are reviewing one after the other. However, the pureguardian is manufacture to deliver warm and cool mist depending on individual settings. Warm mist option ensures your home air is filled with warmness which is good for people having serious congestion. The cool mist is also available to soothing dry skin, eyes etc. Choosing from both mists depends on personal needs at a particular time. Appropriate mist choice ensures you get the right results at a specific time.
Furthermore, the tank feature silver clean protection that fights growth of mold and mildew on the surface tank. This make humidifier an ideal choice for allergy and asthma patients. In addition, as an ultrasonic humidifier, it requires no filter use and this saves you time of cleaning filters or replacement. This makes this unit cost saving humidifier to use if you are looking for a unit that is associated with low cost of maintenance.
Our plus for this
- Two large tank gallons provides up to 120 hours of warm/cool mist.
- Silver clean protection prevents agents that do grow on tanks that cause allergies.
- It does not use filters.
- Energy efficient.
- Smart mist sensors detects and auto adjust moisture level to desire level.
- Digital display with electronic touch control.
- Other features include 12 hour timer, night light and 3 speeds settings.
Finally, by following our best humidifier for allergies reviews today. You able to choose the right unit humidifier that can improve your allergy situation.